Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Happenings around here

Happy Tuesday everyone! Sorry for disappearing for about a week. I didn't mean for that to happen. Just sort of got busy with working and that crazy thing called life with three kids. LOL 

I worked 2 days last week. Wednesday, I worked at one school and when I got off of work, I thought I had really overdone it. My chest and back hurt and I was just not in good shape. I think it was just because I hadn't worked in about 4 weeks. I didn't work Thursday but Bill surprised me with donuts :)



Friday, I worked at a different school, and I felt much better when I got off work. I was supposed to work both Monday and Tuesday this week, but we have had 2 snow days in a row so no work for me. 

This weekend we were pretty busy. Saturday, Bill took the boys to their basketball games while I took Rebecca to her choir ensemble and solo contest which was being held in the same town where I graduated college. She was so nervous about performing in the ensemble contest, but her ensemble did so well. They earned a I which is the highest mark. She was so excited. 




Sunday, we went to church and while I was teaching PSR it started snowing and snowing. By the time we left church, roads were covered, and it just kept coming down. We got several inches throughout the day on Sunday and a little more Sunday night. Enough that they closed school on Monday. During the morning and afternoon on Monday, we got another couple of inches of snow and the roads were just miserable. This morning, we were still under a snow emergency and side roads were untreated and icy, so they cancelled school again. 



The kids have had fun playing outside in the snow despite the cold.






 

Today the sun was out for most of the day resulting in some pretty icicles.



 

Tonight, it is supposed to be dip down to zero degrees! Not looking forward to that. Hopefully the kids will be able to go to school tomorrow and I can work. 

What else have I been up to? Well, laundry... reading... trying new recipes. I made a new chicken parmesan recipe on Sunday that everyone loved, including Jacob who requested it. 




Well, I should hop off of here and put some laundry away. I have the last load in the dryer and am going to try to finish it up tonight. Rebecca is at choir practice, Jacob is playing on his phone, Ben is watching basketball and Bill is messing around on his phone. Hopefully, it won't be another week before I have time to hop back on here. 

What's been going on in your world? Have you gotten any snow? What is your favorite thing to do in the snow? 

10 comments:

  1. Every 10 or so years when we hav a snow, the entire city shuts down (no snow removal equipment) so we shut down with it. We play or walk around in it for a little bit then we sit by the windows with hot chocolate and just enjoy the view!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Around here schools shut down if we have 2+ inches. Work still goes on though.

      Delete
  2. Well, I live in the same city as Anne, so she nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure Bill would love to have everything shut down. He still has to work even if schools shut down.

      Delete
  3. Glad you're feeling better! Biggest thing for me this week is my oldest G'daughter turned 28! Shewee that makes me feel old, LOL. We haven't had anymore snow, but our Temps have been cold & crisp!
    Be Safe..

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to see your post this week. We rarely have snow in West Texas, just the threat of ice overnight will delay schools and businesses. I grew up in Pennsylvania and lived at the top of a hill, sledding was our favorite snow past time!
    Your chicken parm looks yummy. Stay warm, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's hard to keep up with the blogging while working and having all those fun family things. I've been working a full-time schedule myself this week. We keep getting freezing cold temperatures without any rain/snow at all. Tempered with really mild days in the 50's. Just hoping we don't get buried in snow in late February or March around here. If it's not too cold, I do enjoy hiking the trails through some snowy woods. Or just watching it out the window with hot chocolate. Hope you have a great rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are now in a stretch of cold. We've been under windchill advisories the last 3 nights. :(

      Delete