Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Ben is better and weekend wrap up

Happy Tuesday everyone! Thank you all so much for your kind words for Ben. Thankfully, he is feeling much better. Saturday, he was acting more normal for him, which includes picking on his brother and arguing with his brother. That is a sure sign to this mom that he was feeling better. He even got sent to his room in the evening and wasn't allowed to watch the Ohio State game after he called Jacob a bad name. Within half an hour of him going to his room, I checked on him and he was sound asleep. 

Our weekend was full of rainy weather and just chilling at home. We watched some college football on Saturday, and I napped on the couch. I was super tired all weekend, more so than normal. Like I was telling my coworker today, I am always tired and run down lately, but this weekend was worse than that norm.  

Sunday, we just chilled out while it was pretty rainy outside. The biggest accomplishment that I had on Sunday was that I made cheeseburgers and bison burgers on my new cast iron skillets that my mom got me for my birthday. They turned out great! 



Yesterday, Bill had to work, and the kids and I just rested, watched TV, and chilled. Dinner ended up being hot dogs grilled on my cast iron grill pan and heated up chili that I found in the freezer. Nice and easy. 

Today, Ben went back to school wearing a mask and I went back to work wearing a mask. In our food service department, there are several out with COVID. At the high school alone, half of the food service staff is out, all with confirmed cases. It seems like with school being back in session for the last couple of weeks, our numbers are going higher with active cases. It is what it is. 



Tomorrow, I need to make a run to the store after I take the kids to school and before I have to go to work. We need fresh produce, milk and just a few other things. I am trying to use up some food that has been lingering in our freezers (like the chili, and some leftover spaghetti that I will turn into a pasta bake). 

Well, I hope everyone has a good night and is staying healthy! 

7 comments:

  1. I was wondering about Ben today. Acting up is always a sign kids are getting better. I suppose he needed to sleep. I hope you don't catch covid again! Maybe eating up freezer food will help you to get some rest from cooking. I love your cast iron pans as cast iron is always a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad Ben is feeling better. I talked to a former coworker of mine and she said the virus is really going around the school I used to work in. I figured it would with school being back in session. Ugh. I do hope you get a little more energy this week to do the things you need to do. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel! I am sorry your little guy was sick! That Covid is hanging around!!! Your cast iron is beautiful! Peyton cooks in that and she loves it. Rest when your body tells you too. Have a cozy night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear that Covid found your house again! Glad everyone seems to be on the mend. Hope your week is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you and your family are well and having a great fall. I've missed your posts lately and was a bit concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is everything okay? I am a bit concerned. Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. You made cheeseburgers and bison burgers on your new cast iron skillets. I really love it. Thanks for sharing this blog and good information. Now it's time to avail reefer dispatch services for more information.

    ReplyDelete