Thursday, June 8, 2023

Quick Updates

Happy June! Happy Thursday! Life has been crazy and busy and there have been some major changes. Before I get into all of that though, I wanted to do a quick update on some of the highlights rather than the lowlights. 

Rebecca received her Academic Letter! It was a nice little ceremony to recognize the academic accomplishments of the kids. 

I was on the parent committee to put on a spaghetti dinner/concert for the end of the year high school choirs. My mom and I ended up doing all the shopping, cooking, and cleaning up for 300 people. It was a huge success and I am so glad it is over. 


My beautiful niece graduated high school. She was so nervous for her graduation, but she did amazing during the ceremony and I am so glad we got to her graduation ceremony. We celebrated with a family dinner at Rooster's afterwards. 




One of the projects that I wanted to take on was the flower bed in the back of our house. It was so overgrown, and I hated every time I came home and saw it. Well, I decided to do something about it. It took me several hours, but I felt accomplished and loved how it turned out. 



Ben graduated from 5th grade! He was so excited to graduate, but is also scared of moving on to the middle school. In other news, he is also going to join the choir in middle school and he is going to join the orchestra playing violin. 


I had my last day of work. After closing down the kitchen, I met my mom at a local cafe for a celebratory lunch. It was a hot day to sit outside but felt good. 

This past weekend, Jacob was Confirmed in the Catholic Church. My dad was his sponsor and it was a beautiful mass led by our Bishop. Jacob chose St. Gregory the Great as his Confirmation saint. 


And most recently, I finally had my arthroscopic knee surgery on Tuesday morning. Surgery went well. I slept much of the day on Tuesday and have been using an ice machine on my knee since. I was able to get a shower today and I am still in some pain. It is a process. 


 So those are the highlights since my last update. There have also been some major lowlights that I will go into later. Right now I am going to focus on healing my knee and focusing on the good. 

How is everyone else lives going? 

20 comments:

  1. It seems you celebrated many end of school events. Those are always happy. I am probably dense here so late, but for what did Rebecca get a letter? I would hate to have knee surgery. If I lose weight, I can miss that joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An academic letter is an award for those students who have achieved high academic standards in their classes, who have been involved in "academic" community or school activities (Rebecca was an editor of her high school literary and art magazine, and who is also involved in community service. Basically achieving high academic standards while also being a part of the school community in other ways. She also received her choir letter this year, which recognizes her achievements as part if chorale, but also her going above and beyond by going to soli and ensemble competitions, acting in community/school theater, participating in community vocal events and doing community service involving music.

      Delete
    2. Somehow, my brain missed "academic."

      Delete
  2. Lots of milestones for your children! That's awesome! Get lots of rest and soon you'll be up and around and feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I can't believe how fast they are growing up! I have been resting. I am actually walking around today slowly and limping without crutches. I don't think that is too bad for 5 days post surgery.

      Delete
  3. The end of the school year is always so busy when kids are around. I miss some of the excitement!
    Hope your knee heals quickly and you will be pain free soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is excitement and craziness that is for sure. Thank you for the well wishes. I was able to to stop my pain meds after 3 days and today is the first day where the pain has been bearable without any tylenol or anything.

      Delete
  4. Congrats to all your kids for their achievements! Wishing you well as you heal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations all around!!! And prayers for your quick and painless healing, my friend. Take it easy!!! Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to rest, but it really does go against my nature. LOL Thank you for the prayers. I have to remember not to overdo it.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like the kids are all doing well! Sorry to hear about your knee surgery - I have had 2 in the past 5 years. Sadly, I'm looking at a replacement in the near future. Ugh. I LOVE those ice machines - keep it running & it will make a world of difference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it really did help with the swelling as I have almost no swelling now. I am hoping that this will fix the problem... I really don't want to have to go through this again.

      Delete
  7. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hoping the knee surgery recovery is as easy as possible! And, congrats to the kids on their milestones!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far the recovery is going. The first few days were awful, but today I have been able to walk on it without using crutches. It still hurts but it is bearable.

      Delete
  9. Those are wonderful highlights. Congrats to all for the big milestones. Your flower bed looks amazing! Hope you have a very speedy recovery from your knee surgery. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Greetings
    After so many years of playing lottery, I have been finding it very difficult to win, things have been very tough for me so I decided to discuss it with my friend who help me out, she told me about her experience With Dr. Ajayi who helped her to bring back her husband who left her to marry another wife leaving her with four children to suffer on her own she further told me how she meets Dr. Ajayi online I was very impressed hearing her story so I told her about my hard luck in the lottery And she introduced me to Dr. Ajayi after all my sessions with Dr. Ajayi, after one week I decided to try again I can't believe myself I won so much that I could never believe All thanks to Dr. Ajayi he's a great man and if you need spiritual help with anything disturbing your life. contact Dr Ajayi on Whatsapp or Viber: +2347084887094 or Email: drajayi1990@gmail.com and I believe you will be happy you did.

    ReplyDelete