Sunday, August 20, 2023

Back to School

Happy Sunday evening everyone! Thank you for all the kind comments on my last post (last week). They made me feel cared for. This whole separation is HARD on everyone. It doesn't help that it is now to the point of hurting the kids. I wish I could say that this week was better in regards to that, but it hasn't been. The kids spent the day with him yesterday (Saturday) and they had a hard day. I won't go into everything that happened, but let's just say that things were said to the kids that really hurt them and Rebecca and Ben were in tears. It is such a sad situation and quite frankly I am angry and frustrated with him. It is a good thing that I also have a sense of self control. Let's just leave it at that. 

Let's move on to better things! The kids went back to school this week. Ben started middle school on Thursday!! He was excited, but also very nervous. In fact, he cried when he got out of the van to go into the building. 



However, he had a great day and he was all smiles when he was telling me about his first day. (For our school district's middle and high school, the first day of school is just for the incoming 6th and 9th graders (and any new student) so that they aren't too overwhelmed by EVERYONE being in the buildings.)

That meant that Jacob and Rebecca started back to school on Friday. Jacob is in his last year at the middle school. Rebecca is a junior this year!!!! They also had really good days. 




Rebecca's schedule this year is extremely difficult as she is taking 2 college classes (honors pre-calculus and human physiology), AP English, AP Government, AP Spanish, along with audition choir and an art class. She said she is kind of overwhelmed but it will all be good. 

I worked a lot and tried to get some things done. Next week, I am actually taking on a new role as the Pre-K teacher, as the program that I work at wants to implement a more academic pre-k program so that the kids are better ready for kindergarten. So, I will start to implement that tomorrow. It should be fun, I hope. A little overwhelming, but should be good. As far as work goes, I have decided to stick with it. I think I am also going to start researching online college programs that will allow me to go back and get my teacher certification. I really enjoy working with the kids and have rediscovered my love of planning and teaching. It won't be anytime in the near future as money is TIGHT, but I want to figure out it if is doable next fall. 

This weekend has been good for me. Yesterday, while the kids were at their father's, I spent the day with my mom doing some shopping and hanging out. We went to a late lunch/early dinner at a local Chinese restaurant and it was so good. Then we shopped at Goodwill, Shoe Sensation (where she bought me a pair of sketchers sandals that are so comfortable! She said it was my belated birthday present.), Marshall's (where I used a gift card from a friend to buy 3 new tops and a pair of pants), and then to Walmart for a couple of things. It was just a fun, relaxing day (well at least until I found out what happened with the kids and their dad.) 

Today, I have been a busy beaver. We went to 8am mass. Then Rebecca and I went to Aldi as I needed peppers and tortillas for our chicken fajita dinner that she requested. I went to Lowes for a dryer vent part and CVS to pick up 2 meds as well. Then home, where I fixed the dryer, started laundry, made and ate lunch (red bag chicken in the air fryer!) with the kids, did the dishes, deep cleaned both litter boxes, spent time figuring out lesson plans for tomorrow, made dinner and cleaned up from dinner, and folded 8 loads of laundry and put them away. I also just got the boys in bed, painted my toenails (which they desperately needed) and am typing this up. After I publish this, I will probably head to bed myself as it my alarm clock goes off way too early. 

It's going to be another busy week. Jacob has his first football game of the year this week. Ben has football pictures. Also we have to get used to a week long school and work week. 

How was your weekend? Until next time, I hope all of you have good days.  


10 comments:

  1. Send me an email at samandcoffee65@gmail.com with your state. There's such a shortage nationwide for prek, child care, and teachers in general that aid might be available differently for you to get back in school. I remember my kids junior years. They were tough academically on top of the extracurricular stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ex saying things about you to the kids will only get worse. Ask me how I know. SAM will be your best resource for teaching info. I was going to suggest a search, but she will do so much better for you. I have a classroom management book I can send you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve been a reader for a long time and I’ve often thought that you do every single thing in the household….maybe now would be a good time for the children to help? They are old enough. Setting the table, cleaning up after dinner, cleaning the litter boxes, folding laundry, sweeping the floor, straightening their rooms….just a thought. Glad they all had a good start to the year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your ex should know better. The kids are old enough to decide to not go over if he keeps it up. Good luck Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you the best as you navigate these difficult waters. Shame, shame, shame on your ex for causing HIS kids such pain. I'm a child of divorce and my dad did the same crap. He's dead now but it still hurts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at you! Doing it yourself!!!! Yay you, my friend! So glad that the first days went well, and you are excited for your job! Pre K was my very favorite! I am proud of you. You got this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have Faith my friend. Please remember to make "you" a priority. Breathe In...Breathe Out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy back to school! And congrats on your new position at your job, I know you'll do great with the pre-k program, so fun. And hopefully, it works out for you to do the teaching stuff. I'm so very sorry for the pain your ex is causing your kids (and you), no excuses for that one. Hope you are having a wonderful week so far!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm writing from Ohio, Columbus precisely. I was diagnosed with brain cancer in August of 2010 and my wife breast cancer, A precious friend (African American) told me about Dr Jekawo A traditional herbal doctor in West Africa,She gave me his contact number and email address,I contacted him quickly so he give me guaranty that his herbal medicine will cure my brain cancer,my wife breast cancer and herpes completely that we will be heal forever I said Okay.I ask him about the process for the cure,he ask me to pay for the herbal medicines preparation which i did and within 7 working days he sent me the herbal medicine then he instructed me on how to drink it for 21 days to cure.I told Eric my friend about the herbal medicine so he gave me go ahead to drink it.So after I and my wife drinking for 21 days we were cured completely, I'm so grateful and i promise i will recommend anyone with herpes or cancer to reach this great herbal doctor and that what i'm doing.
    Dr Jekawo told me he can cure the following disease.Cancer,Hiv/Aids,Herpes,Diabetes,Parkison,Copd,Hepatitis.. Here Is His Contact Info......[drjekawo@gmail.com] thank you so much for this great opportunity.

    ReplyDelete