Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Life so far in the New Year

Happy Tuesday everyone! How's life treating you so far in the new year? 

Here we have been settling back into the routine of school and work after the last weekend of break.

On Saturday we took a family walk over at Ariel-Foundation Park. We checked out the new walking path that goes under state route 13 so that walkers and bicyclists don't have to cross the busy street and can go under the street instead. It was really neat. The Kokosing River is high as we had a lot of rain on New Year's Day. 









Sunday we puttered around the house. Bill and the boys watched football most of the day. Rebecca was thrilled Sunday night when she got a delivery. Bill's parents sent her a gift card for her birthday back in November. She decided that she wanted to buy herself a guitar. After self teaching herself to play both a ukulele and a kalimba she really wanted a guitar. I ordered it online for her and it wasn't supposed to be delivered until January 13. Well Sunday night I was checking my email and got a notification that we had a delivery. I checked our porch and her guitar was delivered late Sunday. She was THRILLED!


  

Yesterday, the kids went back to school. The school is starting back with everyone coming back full time. I walked for 2 miles. Did some cleaning around the house (mainly putting away laundry and straightening up the living room.) I tutored last night as well. I must have been exhausted last night as I slept pretty well only waking up 2 times. 

Today I have several things to do on a to do list. I am going to try to use Tuesday mornings for decluttering, cleaning, etc. I want to straighten up my upright freezer and the freezer above the refrigerator. I also want to mop my kitchen and mud room. I also need to come up with a decluttering plan for the house. 

What are you up today? Back to work after the New Year?  

7 comments:

  1. I'm back to work today. I'm not quite ready yet, but it's happening. :-)

    Nick got a guitar for his birthday, right when the quarantine began. He's loved having it to practice while many of his other activities have been cancelled. He gets lessons from my dad, whenever they are together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with the being back to work thing. :) My sister plays a little bit of guitar but she is 2 hours away now. I am looking into getting her lessons this summer maybe. She did very well self teaching herself to play the ukulele and is enjoying writing her own songs. She is definitely a music geek. LOL

      Delete
  2. Is no snow in January usual? I remember doing a college road trip visit in February with my son to Bowling Green and it was bitter cold and freezing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really depends on the year. Some years we get a lot of snow in January, other years not so much. Honestly February is usually colder and somewhat showier than January. The last few years February has been brutally cold.

      Delete
  3. Wonder if you have a future music teacher in your house? How fantastic for your daughter to be teaching herself all those instruments. I don't go back to work (so far, knock on wood and all that) until Friday. The first few weeks of January tend to be my slow time, we'll see if it stays that way. We're still on a hybrid school schedule for the high school here, still waiting for all day in person to hit the sophomores. Hope you are enjoying your Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she will definitely be doing something with music. That is where her passion lies. :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Rachel!
    I have read over your holiday posts, and have enjoyed sharing the Christmas season with you!
    SO glad you were all healthy and happy!!
    I am curious as to what your daughter uses to teach herself guitar.
    Flynn got a guitar and we are working on teaching her ourselves.
    I have taken decorations down, but am leaving the tree up.
    It seems less cluttered now and I still enjoy the lights.
    Have a cozy day and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete