I love the start of a new year. I know that it another day in our life cycles, but there is something about turning onto a new calendar page in a new calendar that offers a sense of hope for things to come.
I have come to a point in my life where I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. I am tired of living the way that I am-- fighting depression, being overweight and just feeling weighed down by stuff and life. I can honestly say that I feel different going into this new year. I feel like I can accomplish my goals (not calling them resolutions, because I never stick to resolutions). More than that I believe 100% that my goals are achievable if I just DO the steps that it takes to get there.
Because of that belief, I have decided that I am going to focus on that word for 2017. I am going to focus on DO! I just need to do. If I come up with an idea and leave myself to ponder it, then more than likely it won't get done. I just need to DO it.
So what am I going to DO?
Well here are my goals for 2017 and how I will achieve them:
1. MAKE MY RELATIONSHIPS BETTER WITH THE PEOPLE AROUND ME.
- Be more calm and patient with my children. I also would like to play at least 1 board game a week with each child.
- Go on at least 1 date night with Dear Hubby every two weeks- ideally this would be every week, but with our schedules I will aim for once every 2 weeks.
- Try to have friends over at least once every 2 months.
- No social media on Sundays. I spend so much time on the computer and on my phone that I need to make time for the real life.
2. LOSE 40 POUNDS.
- eat a salad for lunch at least 5 days out of the week
- eat dinner with the family
- eat breakfast each morning
- NO pop during the week (limit 1 on the weekend days)
- exercise at least 15 minutes every day
- Declutter a room a month starting with the closet off the bathroom in January.
- If I see something that we aren't using, put it in Goodwill pile and donate. Do not hold onto stuff that we don't use.
- Get all of our photos backed up on Shutterfly.
- Get all photos made into photobooks (as cheaply as possible)
- Do sewing on quilt to mend it.
- Make a recipe binder that I will actually use.
- Try 2 new recipes a month.
- This will start out in January with no eating out as a family.
I know that these are all attainable. Just need to get them done. I am looking forward to focusing my life on DOING things rather than letting life pass me by and just maintaining the status quo.
What about you? Anyone else making goals for the new year?