Friday, May 6, 2022

Staff Appreciation and Super Hero Literacy

Happy Friday everyone! It is rainy and dreary here today, but T.G.I.F! 

This week was "Teacher Appreciation Week" in our district and the school that I am working at now took it a step farther and made it "Staff Appreciation Week." We had several surprises at work. (I know that I am blessed at this school, as my mom also works in the school district and the school she is at did not include the lunch ladies in any of the celebrations.) So this week started out with a gift of our favorite drink and candy donated by one of the families.


 

Tuesday, the office staff and principal bought everyone Chipotle for lunch. I had a yummy burrito. And we were given a little gift bag that had post it notes, a pen and candy in it. 



Thursday, the PTO ordered in lunch from a local cafe for everyone. It was super yummy! 



Today, there was a bag of granola cookie bites waiting for the staff from the district office. AND I got to hear lots of thank yous from the kiddos in the lunch line, and then during the last line just before the kids were dismissed (the 5th and 3rd graders) the teacher on duty had them all yell "Thank you for our lunches!" It was really sweet. 



So, overall it was a good week at work. I even had my evaluation by my boss and there were no complaints on my evaluation so that is good. It was a crazy week as we have entered field trip season meaning some kids need to eat lunch early, or we are prepping sack lunches, etc. I am blessed though to be at this school and working with my coworker. 

Last night, I took Ben to his school for a "Super Hero literacy night" where we did fun super hero activities like play super hero bingo, make a super hero mask, do exercise activities like super heroes, etc. Ben had fun and thanked me for taking him. 






Not sure what the weekend has in store for us. All 3 kids are fighting colds. I have a ton of cleaning that I need/want to do. We shall see what comes up this weekend. What are you doing this weekend?


 

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful district you belong to! Such nice things to show the appreciation you deserve! Have a good weekend, and Happy Mother's Day to a wonderful mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great that all staff were included. All are part of delivering a quality education.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is great to be appreciated. That is great for the whole staff, not just teachers. You are needed and appreciated. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The air quality monitoring market is being driven by increasing demand for vehicles among consumers with rising disposable incomes, especially in emerging economies like India and China. Besides, the industrial sector, which includes manufacturing, food and beverage, pharmaceutical, healthcare, and other sectors, is implementing air quality control systems in response to stringent government mandates to manage emission levels.

    also read : therapeutic beds market, blockchain technology

    ReplyDelete