Private Selection Frozen Food Review: The Appetizer

Being a BzzAgent has it's perks! For one you get to try out products that are brand new on the market and review them, for FREE!

This past week, I received a new Bzz package in the mail, that contained not 1, not 2, BUT 3 FREE PRODUCT coupons to try the new line of Kroger's Private Selection Gourmet Frozen Food. I was sent a coupon for a FREE appetizer, FREE pizza, and a FREE dessert. Basically it was enough for a 3 course meal.

However, I did not use them for that. I still have not tried the pizza or the dessert that I chose, however I did try the appetizer. According the bzzagent.com:

Private Selection® Frozen Appetizers ($3 - $7) Individually handcrafted and filled with unique combinations of high-quality, savory ingredients. Hand-crafted offerings include Mediterranean Inspired Hors D'Oeuvres collection, Southwestern Style Chicken Trumpets, Mushroom Walnut Profiteroles, Spanakopita.

I find this to be a bit deceiving as all the appetizers at my Kroger store were priced at $6-$7. I chose the Southwestern Style Chicken Trumpets as the one that I would try.


A couple of days ago, I wanted a light lunch before I headed to work, so I made these. They were fairly easy to make. Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown and cheese started to melt.



As you will notice, there were ONLY 9 appetizers in the box! Now I was able to get these for free, which is good because there is NO WAY I would pay $6.49 for a box of nine little appetizers. And believe me they were little (only about 5 inches long or so).



Preparing to be disappointed like I was with the price and size, I forged ahead to eat my lunch. When I bit into one, it was VERY YUMMY! (Still not worth the price, though). There was a nice balance between cheese and chunks of chicken and little bits of pepper. They were not very spicy, but had the right amount of heat to them. I ate mine plain, although they might be good dipped in some salsa or in some mexican style queso dip.

If you are looking for a quick easy appetizer for YOURSELF then this would fit the bill (if you are willing to look past the price). However, if you are looking for a quick and easy appetizer for a party or a get together I would skip these as they are not worth their high price. Yummy but not worth the price. (You could probably make a ton of these at home from scratch for the price of one box of 9 appetizers.) Personally, I will probably not buy these in the future, unless I have a great coupon and they are on a serious sale.

Disclaimer:  As a bzzagent, I received these products and coupons free for review. All opinions expressed are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 5th birthday Benjamin!

Cleaning and decluttering this weekend

Weigh In Wednesday #15 of 2017