Sunday, August 13, 2023

Well...it's been a while

 Happy Sunday everyone! I hope everyone is well. I have been lurking around reading blogs but not really commenting and obviously not writing on here. Part of the issue is that I am constantly on the go and dealing with life, and the other part it that many times I am reading blogs on my phone during my lunch hour at work or late at night in bed and I hate typing on my phone. So I have been keeping somewhat apprise of what has been going on in some of your lives. 

As for my life... well crazy, busy, emotional, hectic, stressful, and peaceful would all make good adjectives to describe life right now. I knows it's been over a month since I last wrote. It seems like a lifetime ago. I had to go back and re-read where I was at in my life at that point. As a recap, my ex-husband had just moved out. I started a new full time job. I was still recovering from knee surgery. And life was crazy. 

So let's do an update on some of these topics....

As for as the situation with the ex. He finally got most of his things out as of July 28. I told him that was his deadline, as I was going to have a yard sale on July 29 and whatever was left would be put in it. I did have a shortened yard sale that day (for 5 hours as it rained in the morning), got rid of some items, made a little bit of money and donated everything that was left. Felt good to get crap out of my house. 


My relationship with him is still a mess. For some unknown reason he is ticked off that I don't want to be around him. We are seperated, if I wanted to still be around him I would be. That has caused many flare ups of emotional abuse, including him posting defamatory things about me on facebook like I am not a good mother, etc. I had to threaten to get a lawyer involved to make him stop. He still tells people that I am irrational and am keeping the kids from him, which is not true at all. We have our agreement in place that he has them on his 2 days off per week, whether he takes them on those days or not is his problem. It's hard. Like I told a friend, I really wish money wasn't an issue right now, and that I could win the lottery so that I could afford to have our paperwork filed in court and get this process over with. However, money is an issue and so that won't happen anytime soon. 

Moving on to better things.... I became an aunt again! My youngest brother and his fiancee had my new niece Naomi 3 weeks ago. She is the most precious thing and we are all in love with her! Our local hospital told my future sister-in-law that Naomi had tested positive for Trisomy 13 when my sis-in-law was having the testing done when she found out she was pregnant and they were trying to get her to abort Naomi. Well, after switching to a high risk doctor (who said that the bloodwork was inconclusive and not positive), Naomi was born perfectly healthy.

 


I am mostly recovered from my knee surgery. I was released by my ortho who told me that when he went in to do my surgery that the damage was more extensive than he thought and I might need further surgeries down the line if my knee starts hurting again. So far it feels better. It still hurts at times, but it definitely isn't impeding what I am doing. It does not help though that my current job is very physically demanding AND I have several troubled preschoolers who love to hit and kick me. I even had one throw a chair at me and kick me right in my incision site. And guess what, NOTHING happened to that child and his parents weren't even called. My job has turned into a s*** show and I am looking for other opportunities unfortunately. I might write a blog post about the drama later. 

As far as the kiddos go... they have been troopers through all of this. Rebecca has been a HUGE help with her brothers and with helping out. She got to go away to 2 camps this Summer. She spent a week at an academic summer camp at a local college that allowed her to learn about being an education major for the week. 



Then she attended Catholic Youth Summer Camp and had a blast. 



She also passed her learner's permit test last week to learn how to drive so that is an exciting milestone as well! 

Jacob and Ben also attended two camps. They attended a week long day camp at MVNU focused on basketball. Then last week they attended Catholic Youth Summer Camp, which was Benjamin's first sleep away camp. 



The boys are keeping me busy as they are both playing football this year-- Ben for our local colt flag football league, and Jacob for the 8th grade middle school team. (And for those of you who have never had football sons, let me tell you when they come home from practice with pads on, that is a new level of stinkyness!) 

The kids and I attended a family reunion last weekend. I saw family that I hadn't seen in 15-20 years. It was a huge turnout which is wonderful. The kids had fun! 




I also got a surprise visit with my college bestie. She lives in Singapore with her hubby and 2 sons, but was in Pittsburgh helping her mom move to an apartment and selling her house. She made the drive over to Ohio and we got to hang out for the night. It was so much fun and I miss her so much. She really has been a rock to me all these years and it was SO good to see her. The last time we saw each other in person was 2016. 



On July 28, I turned 44. The boys spent the night with their dad the night before as Rebecca was at camp. I worked and when I got home, all 3 kids were home. And on the counter was a handwritten Happy birthday note from my ex and on top was my child support check for August. So tacky. He didn't have the kids get me anything or do anything special for me. In fact, the only thing we did was I went out and got Wendy's for dinner as I wasn't cooking. I know birthdays aren't about things and celebrations but it did suck that there was nothing. I was happy my kids were all home but it still hurt.

Yesterday, was our last event for the summer. Rebecca performed in the youth showcase at our town's music and arts festival. She did amazing and I am so glad I got to hear her sing! Definitely a highlight of my day. 



So that is pretty much the highlights and lowlights of the the last month+. This week the kids go back to school... Ben is starting at the middle school and is super nervous. Jacob will be in 8th grade and Rebecca will be a junior. So we will have schedule pickups and back to school nights, football practices, and more this week. It will get a little crazy, but I am just trying to enjoy the ride. 

I hope everyone is well. I am going to try to be a better blogger, but I am not promising anything! I am still here, still navigating this single mom life and still trying to figure things out.   



 

 

10 comments:

  1. I do remember the football smelly clothes. I did laundry room every night in thos days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in a phase of major flux, but it sounds like you are handling it as well as you can, and juggling a lot. This is such an exciting time for the kids! My youngest is the same age as Rebecca and it's so fun to see them blossom. Glad she got a chance to go away to camp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there, sounds like you are doing an awesome job with this new phase of your life. I'm so sorry your ex is not behaving in a more civilized way. And that you aren't getting support at your work, childcare is a gamble in that regard with some places being more supportive of staff than others, I got lucky with my job. Did they provide some training for you to deal with these kids? Hope so, if not, feel free to reach out and I can share some tips that might help while you look for a new opportunity elsewhere. Your new niece is adorable! And look at your great kids having fun doing their stuff. Hope you have a wonderful week! Glad you took the time to update us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is too bad your ex is being a jerk. I am sorry and understand. There are supposed to be procedures in place for actions like the kid hitting you and throwing the chair. My friend worked at a daycare that did nothing when children did those things. She finally got out of there. Well, they let her go because a kid hit her, knocked her down, and she had a concussion, stitches. Hopefully, you can find something better. Here, childcare workers get $3000/quarter for working in childcare. Is that a nationwide program, I wonder? Happy Belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's very exciting that Rebecca will be driving soon. That alone can be a huge help with running errands or taking the boys to football practice, etc. She has grown up so much. You must be so proud of her. I love the photo of her sitting with the little ones. So cute. You're doing a great job handling all the things that life is throwing at you. Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So great to hear from you. My DD is heading to your neck of the woods (sort of) in 8 days, but sadly, not M.C. She chose a much larger, (and far more costly) school in PA. Long story about her coming to the choice, and I so wanted to say no, but, well, then that would be taken as me saying she couldn't go to the school of her choice. She has put a lot on herself in terms of financial contribution with this choice--maybe that's not a bad thing. Enjoy these years with Rebecca! She seems like a great kid. Well, all your kids do, really, and you really seem not only devoted to them, but to really enjoy them. (And tell Rebecca "Go Pios.")

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Belated Birthday! Congratulations on all the good news & to Rebecca for getting her permit. As for the ex, I can totally relate. They will try to spite you in every way that they can. Don't let him get to you or bother to take action against him. His actions are just proving to everyone what a jerk he is. You (and all of us blog readers) know that you're a great parent, so do your kids. I'm sorry that you're not financially able to get the proceedings completed. I'm praying for you & your kids. That God will provide for you in every single area you have a need. Please do check in with us - even if it's just to vent. We are here for you. Sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Belated Birthday! Next year maybe plan a fun day for yourself on your birthday? As someone who doesn't like surprises, I much prefer to plan my own birthdays.

    About financially being able to get the divorce proceedings completed, how much would it be and how could I contribute to it as a show of support?

    Keep strong, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, the absolute NERVE of him! Please don't ever doubt your mothering abilities! I can tell just from reading your posts that you are, in fact, an AMAZING mom. I'm sorry he's resorting to such childish behavior. I'm so angry for you. But, I'm glad to hear you and the kids are doing as good as can be, and want to wish you a Happy Belated Birthday! I'm glad you got to spend some time with your bestie. I know that did your heart good. Hang in there, girl! You have my support and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm writing from Ohio, Columbus precisely. I was diagnosed with brain cancer in August of 2010 and my wife breast cancer, A precious friend (African American) told me about Dr Jekawo A traditional herbal doctor in West Africa,She gave me his contact number and email address,I contacted him quickly so he give me guaranty that his herbal medicine will cure my brain cancer,my wife breast cancer and herpes completely that we will be heal forever I said Okay.I ask him about the process for the cure,he ask me to pay for the herbal medicines preparation which i did and within 7 working days he sent me the herbal medicine then he instructed me on how to drink it for 21 days to cure.I told Eric my friend about the herbal medicine so he gave me go ahead to drink it.So after I and my wife drinking for 21 days we were cured completely, I'm so grateful and i promise i will recommend anyone with herpes or cancer to reach this great herbal doctor and that what i'm doing.
    Dr Jekawo told me he can cure the following disease.Cancer,Hiv/Aids,Herpes,Diabetes,Parkison,Copd,Hepatitis.. Here Is His Contact Info......[drjekawo@gmail.com] thank you so much for this great opportunity.

    ReplyDelete