Monday, September 4, 2023

Football and Busy Life

Happy Monday evening everyone! A Happy Labor Day as well! I had a ton of things to do on my to do list today and I am pleased to say that I did all of them except one thing. Go me! I was trying to take advantage of not having to go anywhere today. I had a rare day off of work and the kids were off of school. It is a rare day that we can stay home all day as things have been busy. 

The kids are adjusting to being back to school which is a good thing. After school activities are gearing up for Rebecca. The boys have been busy with football. 

Jacob is playing for his middle school and is a backup for the 8th grade team. He is really enjoying playing and practicing and being part of the team. It is a lot of commitment but so far he is loving it. Unfortunately, the team is currently 0-3, but he is still loving it. 






Benjamin is playing colt flag football. This is a city league and he has practice 2 times a week and had his first game yesterday. He is playing center as he is the tallest kid on his team. He did great and only messed up one snap. He is loving playing as well as he has friends on the team. 







I have been busy at work. The new owner (she has been approved to buy the business, now they just need to get every thing signed over) is wanting to implement a pre-k program and I have been tapped to start that from scratch! It is hard because the kids haven't really been focused on learning letters, numbers or shapes so it is starting from the ground up. It also doesn't help that we are short staffed so sometimes I can't even separate the pre-k kids from the preschool kids and we have to stay together. It has been fun though doing the lesson plans and coming up with activities. 

So life is just busy and I am taking it one day at a time. I hope all of you are well. I need to get ready to head to bed, as my alarm will be going off sooner rather than later. Have a great week everyone!  

10 comments:

  1. Jacob is taller than you are! You sound busy with all you have going on. My mother was in a class with first and second graders when she was in first grade. At the end of the year she had done all the first and second grade work, so she was passed to 3rd grade. I would not hold back the older kids necessarily to teach the younger because you might be surprised how they learn all you have to teach. As my mother tried to teach me to count to 100, I was obstinate, but my brother who was one year younger could count to 100. Kids will surprise you. But, I am sure you know that. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The boys are getting so tall! Sounds like the year is off to a really good start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From my own life experience, I can tell you that it's very good that you are so busy to get through this difficult time.
    It's great that you have the kids and can focus on them.
    I hope you have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a beautiful and wonderful week. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like things are going well for you and with your job. Montessori is teaching to mixed ages so you might look into that for some ideas, I've been incredibly surprised by the abilities of some of the youngest kids. Your own kids look happy with all their activities! Hope everything continues to go well for you, have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a stunning and fantastic week. And this is really good activity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! I think you look fabulous, my friend. And I know you will do wonderfully with the preschool. What a fun age! Have a cozy evening!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad everyone is settling into the new school year and enjoying their activities! You look fantastic! Hoping the new job responsibilities all come together smoothly for you! I love little kids. My Pre-K library class was always my favorite. They are so open to learning at that age, although their attention spans are very short! Haha! 😁

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like the school year is off to a great start. If your looking for activities- Pinterest is good as well as
    Teachers Pay Teachers (TPT). There's free items that can be printed and you can select the grade level.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm writing from Ohio, Columbus precisely. I was diagnosed with brain cancer in August of 2010 and my wife breast cancer, A precious friend (African American) told me about Dr Jekawo A traditional herbal doctor in West Africa,She gave me his contact number and email address,I contacted him quickly so he give me guaranty that his herbal medicine will cure my brain cancer,my wife breast cancer and herpes completely that we will be heal forever I said Okay.I ask him about the process for the cure,he ask me to pay for the herbal medicines preparation which i did and within 7 working days he sent me the herbal medicine then he instructed me on how to drink it for 21 days to cure.I told Eric my friend about the herbal medicine so he gave me go ahead to drink it.So after I and my wife drinking for 21 days we were cured completely, I'm so grateful and i promise i will recommend anyone with herpes or cancer to reach this great herbal doctor and that what i'm doing.
    Dr Jekawo told me he can cure the following disease.Cancer,Hiv/Aids,Herpes,Diabetes,Parkison,Copd,Hepatitis.. Here Is His Contact Info......[drjekawo@gmail.com] thank you so much for this great opportunity.

    ReplyDelete