Sunday, February 22, 2015

It's been cold and snowy....

This past week it has been COLD! In fact according to one of our local weathermen, it has been the coldest 10 day stretch since 1886! That is ridiculous. 

Thursday that kids did not have school since the temperature was so cold. Seriously messed up our plans for the day but what are you going to do? Friday, the kids didn't have school again, as the heat in half of the building was not working. Not good when it is -10 degrees outside. 

As for me, Thursday, I had to make 2 cakes for the kids' school Lenten fish dinners. I do this every year. Friday, I had to go out and deliver them to school. I also had to make 48 white chocolate dipped oreos for the school's father/daughter dance on Saturday. 


Saturday morning, we woke up to LOTS of snow on the ground and it was still snowing pretty heavily. I think in all total we got at least 7 inches....so they postponed the father/daughter dance to the future. Rebecca was upset as she had been so looking forward to it, but she understood. The good news was that the temperature finally made it above freezing, so Bill was able to take the kids outside to play while I fixed dinner. It was good for them to get out of the house. And after dinner, the kids had cake that I made since Rebecca was upset about the dance being cancelled.  (I guess I will take the oreos to my work as I DON'T need them in our house!)



Today, it was a matter of trying to dig out....This morning, Benjamin spent much of the morning being a "Ben in a bin" as he decided to sit in one of the toy bins and play. He played like that for over an hour. It was so funny. 


Bill was able to take the kids out again this afternoon while Ben and I stayed in and I gave Benjamin a bath and put laundry away. 


We are looking at much of the same weather next week...COLD! Just saw that we are under a wind chill advisory for tonight. 

Oh well. It is winter in Ohio and we just have to deal. 

I hope that wherever you are, it is warmer than here and that everyone is well! Hope everyone had a great Sunday!

5 comments:

  1. well I guess you wouldn't want to live where we do then; it's going down to MINUS 30+ oC tonight.

    Chocolate dipped oreo cookies sound yummy.........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were yummy. That is the problem. I had to take them to work to get them out of our house before we ate them all.

      Delete
  2. You just have the cutest kids. Now name their favorite 5 fast food restaurants quick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their favorite fast food places.....McDonalds, McDonalds, McDonalds, McDonalds, McDonalds! LOL... Seriously that is their most requested. After that is is probably Burger King, Pizza Hut, Subway, and Wendy's.

      Delete
  3. Wow - Rebecca has a LOT of hair!! Usually it's pulled back in photos - it's very beautiful! It's the coldest February on record here - I'll be very glad when it's over!!

    ReplyDelete