Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Sickness, play, 9/11 and Hurricane Florence


So this virus or whatever it is can leave my house anytime now. Ben has been sick since Sunday. He told me Saturday night that he had a headache, but I thought he was just tired. Well Sunday morning he woke up crying that he didn't feel good and he didn't want to go to church or the first day of PSR class. He seemed to be a little better Sunday afternoon. Then Sunday night he developed a fever. Yesterday he stayed home from school due to his fever and he laid around all day long. We watched movies... "Ferdinand" and "Charlotte's Web."  He is home again today as he still has a headache and a fever. :( Today we have watched "Ferdinand" again and now we are currently watching "Lion King." I just want him to feel better. 


In other news, I took Rebecca to her first play practice last night for the musical she is in. She was super excited to get her official script and to do a read through with the rest of the cast. She has several lines AND a small solo singing part. She will definitely be busy over the next 2 months working on this as there is play practice most evenings of the week and on Saturday mornings.


Today my social media feed (mainly Facebook) has been lit up with remembrances of September 11, 2001. I will never forget and I pray for peace everyday. 


I have also been keeping an eye on Hurricane Florence. I don't live on the coast, however the Crystal Coast of North Carolina (Emerald Isle area) has a special place in my heart. It is my place of peace and unfortunately it is looking more and more likely that they are going to have a catastrophic hit from this hurricane. I pray for all those in Florence's path and pray for safety for all those who have to stay in the area (police, doctors, etc.). It is scary to watch.






2 comments:

  1. He looks ill. Congrats to Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor kiddo. Teh beginning of the school year is usually a treat fr kids, and he is missing out. I too am hoping for the best with the weather. We have family on the East coast, but I think they are enough inland that they won't be impacted too much.

    ReplyDelete