Saturday, September 8, 2018

Happenings lately...

I have been a bad, bad blogger. It has been over a week since I posted. I have been on here, reading other's blogs usually while I am eating lunch, but I haven't had a chance to sit down to write anything. 

Life has been crazy busy. I thought once school started back things should have slowed down, but if anything our lives are busier than ever. 

I have been spending a lot of time in the car.... taking Rebecca to school....



and then later sitting in the van waiting for her to get out of school. Thankfully I have rediscovered reading so I have a book with me to pass the time. 



I have been trying to walk at least 3-4 times a week. This past week was difficult as I was sick last weekend and really had no energy. Also it was hard to walk when the temperatures were in the 90s, with heat indexes over 100 with very high humidity each day. It was awful, but I managed to get some walks in. 



I am now a leader for Rebecca's American Heritage Girls Troop. I am in charge of the Kindergarten level. Right now we only have one little Pathfinder. I also signed the boys up for Trail Life USA--- which is a Christian scouting troop that meets at the same time/ same building as Rebecca's AHG troop. 

Speaking of Rebecca, life is about to get more interesting as she just found out that she got a role in her school district's fall musical. She gets to be Junie B. Jones' mother. She is so excited. I guess I will have to factor in rehearsals, etc. now. 

Today, I have worked on laundry and just puttering around the house. I also worked on planning for our church's Parish School of Religion (PSR) classes that start tomorrow. Once again this year, I will be teaching the 5th grade class. I volunteer to teach so that I don't have to pay the tuition fee for the kiddos--it saves us $150 a year. It has been raining all day and is supposed to continue through tomorrow...we are getting the remnants of "Gordon." Tomorrow we have PSR and church. I am also going to be teaching Rebecca how to do laundry tomorrow. 

I hope everyone is having a good night! I am going to sign off and head to bed soon. Hope everyone has a good rest of the weekend! 

7 comments:

  1. The start of a school year with three kids is all consuming. Your waiting time in the car might be your minutes of peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right about that. Thank you for pointing out the peace of waiting in the car. :)

      Delete
  2. You have lots going on over there. Glad you're getting in some reading car while waiting. It's been in the mid 60's to low 70's all day here so maybe it will move your way. Hope you've had a nice Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Rebecca for landing a role in the musical! How exciting. I remember those days waiting in the car line. I see parents that sit there and wait for almost 2 hours just to get a spot up front. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get to her school about 10-15 minutes early so that I can park in the same area which is no where near the front spots. LOL

      Delete
  4. Great article..I am looking so forward to your blogcomment and
    I love your page on your post.. That is so pretty..
    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete