Thursday, November 29, 2018

Junie B.Jones the Musical

The beginning of our November was dominated with work and with tech week and performances of "Junie B. Jones: The Musical."



Back in the beginning of September, Rebecca decided to take a leap of faith and try out for a school production of "Junie B. Jones: The Musical." Auditions were open to any 4th through 12th graders in our school district. She was pretty nervous. After her audition, she said that she was told that her acting was really good, her singing was really good, and her dancing needed a little work. 🤣 She found out a week later that she got a part! She was cast as "Mother" in the play. This part included both lines and a singing solo. She was ecstatic.

Rehearsals were 5 days a week and it was our first foray into the world of theater. She had such a good time and made wonderful memories and made lots of friends.

Performances were November 9th and 10th and the play was great.







Rebecca did a wonderful job! We went as a family to opening night as did my parents.



Saturday, I worked tickets for the matinee show and then went by myself to the final show. It was hilarious, because at one point Rebecca was holding up a mirror in front of Junie B. and during the last show she had the mirror turned the wrong way. She realized it and said "Oh, crap" on stage. It wasn't said too loudly but as her mother I know what she said. LOL A friend of mine said well at least she didn't say "Oh, s***." LOL



It was a really good production and made me thankful for the arts program in our school district. I am sure this won't be the last production Rebecca is in. I look forward to future productions that she is in.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to her. I think the things in my life I regret are the things I never tried to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome! Good for Rebecca for stretching past her comfort zone and finding something new she loved! And, being well versed in Junie B Jones from when my girls were little, the part of Mother is a pretty darn good one - especially when it was your daughter's first attempt in the play/acting world! It looks like it was an adorable show!

    ReplyDelete