Thursday, February 27, 2020

Catch-Up Post

It's been almost 2 weeks since I last posted. Really the lack of posting is not because there is nothing going on, but rather because there is so much going on. So I thought I would hop on here and do a little catch-up post and get up to date. 

Thankfully, since the last time I posted I am feeling better physically. I still have a dry cough, but the 2nd round of antibiotics seemed to clear up the congestion and crap that I was dealing with for over a month. Just in time for life to get really crazy busy. So let's hit the highlights::

  • The boys have continued with Upward basketball. Practices every Monday and games every Saturday. (This coming Saturday is their last games of the year.) They have enjoyed themselves again. Ben made his first basket a couple weekends ago. Jacob fouled out of a game a couple weekends ago, but also made his first 2 baskets including a 3 point shot! They will be sad when the season ends. 



  • We took a walk on the bike path. The weather was decent (mid 30s and we had been cooped up for way too long.) The kids were going stir crazy. We walked 2 miles and it felt good to be outside. 


  • While I was down with my illness, I came to realize that the kids should be doing more around the house and that I SHOULD NOT be doing everything. So I did some research online and on Pinterest and came up with clipboard chore charts for the kids. So far they are working reasonably well. 

  • It's been getting lighter earlier in the mornings. I took this picture right after I dropped Rebecca off at school one morning. I just love the sky in this picture. 

  • Speaking of Rebecca, I chaperoned her Power of the Pen team trip to the district competition. Rebecca made the 7th grade team and they have been practicing writing after school twice a week for the past several months. Last Saturday was their district competition. Her middle school was going up against 23 other schools at this competition. She (nor any of her teammates) did not place in the top 12 individually, however the team took home the overall 4th place team trophy! She was pretty excited even though it was a long day (we were on the bus at 6:45 AM and got home around 4:00 PM). She is even more excited because she earned an individual spot at the Regional tournament which is next Saturday! 


  • Sunday morning I was startled awake at 5AM by the cats chasing a bat in my bedroom! Nothing like hearing a high pitched squealing and the cats jumping up at the wall to get you to be wide awake quickly. LOL We ended up calling our local police department as we couldn't get it out and an officer came out and said this was the 3rd bat call she had been on that week! Thankfully, she caught it and we have hopefully plugged the hole from our attic that we found so hopefully no more flying creatures in our house! 

  •  Yesterday was Ash Wednesday, the start of Lent. I have decided to give up junk food and pop this Lent and focus on eating for health and taking care of me. The junk food hasn't been too bad, but let me tell you, all day yesterday and today I have been craving a Dr. Pepper.

  • Finally, Rebecca decided to get her hair cut! She came to me on Monday morning and said really seriously that she wanted to ask me about something that she had been thinking about for quite some time. Inwardly I was panicking. Then she proceeded to tell me that she thought it was time to cut her hair and could she. As I exhaled, I told her that I didn't have a problem with her getting her hair cut. I asked if she wanted me to take her to a salon to get it cut or if she just wanted a basic cut I could do it. She said she didn't trust anyone else except me to cut her hair. So last night, I cut off almost 14 inches of her hair. She is going to donate it. She seems to really like it and she even wore it down to go to school today! 




So there you have the highlights of the past 2 weeks. In between all those things, I have been working my butt off babysitting and tutoring and taking kids to their activities. Bill is currently job hunting again as he hates his job and it is causing him a lot of physical issues.

Well, my time on here is up. I have to get Rebecca from school and start my afternoon/evening activities. Hopefully, it won't be 2 more weeks before I write! Hope everyone is having a great day!

7 comments:

  1. Is this a penmanship contest or an essay contest? When I had my children take over more chores, I made the mistake of having them pick up after themselves. That did not work. Then, I assigned a room with basic chores. that worked much better with less bickering. My youngest was two when she started chores. Have you ever seen a four-year-old who made her bed by crawling all over it? It was hilarious, wrinkly, and a source of pride for her. I am glad you are so much better. I hate being sick for a long time, well, at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good for your kids and their busyness. sometimes life is more important to just live than document, but you always have stuff to share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get A Blank ATM CARD And Cash Good Money/Funds Pay Your Debt directly today in any ATM machine around you anywhere in the world. contact cryptoatmhacker@gmail.com.. It's 100% guaranteed secure with no worries of being caught because the blank card it's already programmed and loaded with good funds in it, in such a way that's not traceable which also have a technique that makes it impossible for the CCTV to detect you, i am not a stupid man that i will come out to the public and start saying what someone have not done. For more info contact Mr john and also on how you are going to get your Card, Order yours today via Email: cryptoatmhacker@gmail.com

    WhatsApp contact: +27733798090

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get A Blank ATM CARD And Cash Good Money/Funds Pay Your Debt directly today in any ATM machine around you anywhere in the world. contact cryptoatmhacker@gmail.com.. It's 100% guaranteed secure with no worries of being caught because the blank card it's already programmed and loaded with good funds in it, in such a way that's not traceable which also have a technique that makes it impossible for the CCTV to detect you, i am not a stupid man that i will come out to the public and start saying what someone have not done. For more info contact Mr john and also on how you are going to get your Card, Order yours today via Email: cryptoatmhacker@gmail.com

    WhatsApp contact: +27733798090

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everyone, I saw comments from people who had already got their loan from
    Anderson Loan Finance. Honestly I thought it was a scam, and then I decided
    to make a request based on their recommendations. A few days ago, I
    confirmed in my personal bank account amounting to 12,000 $ , which I
    requested for business. This is really good news and I am so happy that I
    advise all those who need a real loan and who are sure to reimburse to
    apply through their email (text or call) +1 315-329-6320 There are sincere
    loan lenders!

    They are able to lend you a loan.
    Contact Mr Anderson
    E-mail: andersonraymondloanfinance@gmail.com
    Telephone: +1 315-329-6320
    Visit the office address @ (68 Fremont Ave Penrose CO, 81240) .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you heard about programmed ATM card? email: (williamshackers@hotmail.com) or WhatsApp +15592016732 for enquiring on how to get the ATM programmed card.
    We have special cash loaded programmed ATM card of $5000, $10000, $15000, $20000 and any amount your choice you need for you to buy your dream car, house and to start up your own business. Our ATM card can be used to withdraw cash at any ATM or swipe, stores and POS. Our card has daily withdrawal limit depending card balance you order. Contact us via Email if you need a card email: (williamshackers@hotmail.com) or WhatsApp +15592016732.

    ReplyDelete

  7. Cool way to have financial freedom!!! Are you tired of living a poor life, here is the opportunity you have been waiting for. Get the new ATM BLANK CARD that can hack any ATM MACHINE and withdraw money from any account. You do not require anybody’s account number before you can use it. Although you and I knows that its illegal,there is no risk using it. It has SPECIAL FEATURES, that makes the machine unable to detect this very card,and its transaction can’t be traced .You can use it anywhere in the world. With this card,you can withdraw nothing less than $4,500 a day. So to get the card,reach the hackers via email address : besthackersworld58@gmail.com or whatsapp him on +1(323)-723-2568

    ReplyDelete