Friday, October 30, 2020

Fall walk, life lately, and a Halloween witch

Happy Friday! October is almost over...only one more day to go. This month has flown by on most days although there have been some very slow crawling days as well. The kids have been going to school 5 days a week for the last 2 weeks and that is going okay. Means a lot more driving and running around but it is good. There has been 2 cases of COVID at the middle school in the last 2 weeks-- a staff member and a student, but we were never contacted so it doesn't look like Rebecca had close exposure. It is crazy but it is what it is. 

What else has been going on? Well, I have only gotten a couple walks in since I last posted. We went to Blackhand Gorge on Saturday to walk. This was before the week full of rain. Rebecca wanted to show Bill and the boys the path. It was just as pretty with all the fall colors. Ben was thrilled too when we saw a train come through over the path. After we stopped off at my parents' house and the kids had fun building leaf forts with their cousins followed by a pizza party for dinner. 












Other than that I have been tutoring and puttering around at home. Tutoring has been going well. I have 2 kiddos that are doing the digital academy that our school district is offering and it is a clusterf***. I am so glad that I didn't choose that option for my kiddos. Think sitting in front of a computer, having the computer read to you in monotone for 8+ hours for 4th grade and 5th grade work. It is insane. I am trying to figure out a way to get them caught up (they are behind) and to help them have a better school experience but not sure if I will be able to. 

I have been stocking up on some things for winter. I lucked out at a small, local thrift store when I found Benjamin a new winter coat, snow pants, and boots for both boys for under $10. Speaking of the boys, I have had to buy them both new socks and shoes. The socks are MENS socks! And Jacob needed new tennis shoes and he is now in a 7.5 in MENS. My sons are growing up!


 

Speaking of the boys, they have their Halloween parade at school today. I will not be able to be there as I have to pick Rebecca up from school at the same time. I will see them in their costumes tomorrow though as they will go trick-or-treating. Rebecca has decided she is too old to go and doesn't want to dress up. Makes me sad as my kids are growing up. 

Speaking of Halloween, I know some people decorate a lot. I know Linda, over at moreparsimony , has been decorating. I have a witch on my back door and that is about it. I really like the witch though, it makes me smile! 



Not sure what fun we will get into this weekend. I know there is trick-or-treat tomorrow but not sure what else we will do. 

Do you have any plans for Halloween or this weekend?  

2 comments:

  1. That was a walk worthy and of note. It is too bad all these great walks cannot be banked for winter. I LOVE the crashed witch! Poor kids being read to by a computer! I hate the monotone messages on the phone that last 30 seconds. Rebecca is not too big! My gd dressed as 80s girl along with her friends at that age. She had some wild, colorful clothing along with a tutu I had given her when she was about eight. Maybe she will grow up and start dressing up again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your Halloween witch. Hope you had a great Halloween, we ended up just staying home as our plans were cancelled at the last minute but I didn't mind too much. Happy for your kids that they get to go to school in person now. Hybrid is tough on my youngest, we're counting down to in person arriving for his grade at the high school (Juniors get to start back Nov 9 so we're hoping the sophomores get to go in January maybe). Happy November!

    ReplyDelete