Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Catching Up (Part 2): Storybook Trail, Pumpkins, Donkeys and Recap of Jacob's birthday

Happy Wednesday! As I posted yesterday, last week was a long week with mom being in the hospital. We are all very thankful that her surgery was considered a success, however it wasn't all rainbows. She had a bad reaction to her epidural pain meds and she was out of it for the first few days. Thankfully once they took the epidural out she seemed to be better. 

Because she was in the hospital I had to pick my niece and nephew up from school and watch them until my dad got back to town each night. That made for some long days. I tried to keep them busy and that culminated in a very busy weekend. 

On Saturday we went to a local park and read their new book on their storybook trail. We had a picnic near the pond and then walked a little taking in the fall scenery. 








After getting back home, I saw an ad on Facebook from a local lady who was selling pumpkins and had donkeys that you could pet when you came to get pumpkins. I decided the kids would like that so I told them we were going on an adventure. When we pulled up Bill was mad because she had a huge Trump flag in her yard. I told him I didn't know that when I answered the ad and I was just trying to support someone local. The kids loved seeing the donkeys. 









Then it was back home so the boys could watch football! 

Sunday was Jacob's birthday. After I taught PSR, I met up with my dad who delivered the kids to me. Then it was time to celebrate Jacob's birthday. We went to Ariel-Foundation to throw rocks and NOT walk which was Jacob's idea of fun.






 

After, we came home to carve the kids' pumpkins from the day before. The kids had fun. This was the first year of them doing all the cutting out themselves. 








While we were carving pumpkins, my dad texted me letting me know that my mom was released from the hospital and was home. I told him I would bring the kids home after dinner as I had promised Jacob that we would get his choice of McDonald's.


 

After dropping Lacie and Ethan off and checking in on my mom we headed back home to have chocolate lasagna and presents for Jacob. He requested chocolate lasagna instead of cake. It was super yummy! 







That brings us to this week. This is the kids' last week of hybrid learning. They will go back to school full time starting next week. So we have been doing schooling and just "normal" stuff. I have had 3 tutoring clients cancel this week which is okay. I have been feeling off for the past week and so having somewhat of a less loaded schedule helps. 

I hope everyone is having a good "hump" day. I need to go flip laundry as I was the mean mom yesterday. I took Rebecca's phone from her and told her that she wouldn't get it back until her bedroom was cleaned to my specifications. That cleaning gave me 2 baskets of clothes to wash as well as all her bedding. (and before you say anything she is not allowed to use the washer as the last time she used it she broke it and it was $200 to fix). Well, laundry is calling so until next time... 

5 comments:

  1. How does someone break a washer? Can you teach her, write down the instructions and let her pay for it if she does it wrong? Good for you getting her to clean her room to your specifications using her currency. NOT walking is funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. She overloaded it, didn't clean her pockets out and had Bobbypins that went through the drain and caused it to mess up the drainage. I have taught her before but this was the 2nd time that she messed up the washer so I don't let her use the washer.

      Delete
  2. You stay so busy with your brood (plus extras). I know Jacob had a great birthday.
    Taking something away especially a phone is the best way to get attention!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad your mom's surgery went as well as it di, and that you were there for her. I am sure it is appreciated. you do such a great job keeping the balls juggled, and taking care of all the kids. I see how Bill would be annoyed, but hard to disappoint the kids, and maybe a good opportunity to talk about different beliefs, but that we are all a community. Hard for adults to remember that.

    ReplyDelete