Monday, September 30, 2019

Nerf Wars and Apple Picking

Phew. It was a busy weekend. 

Saturday, I took the boys to a birthday party for one of Jacob's friends who is moving to New York later this week. This is the friend that one of my friends has been helping to raise. My friend planned his party for him and it ended up being a Nerf war party. I stayed to help my friend supervise as this boy's dad doesn't do anything except sit there. The boys had fun. The weather was warm but there was a nice breeze. There were 4 other parties going on at the same time at the local park. Thank goodness my friend had reserved one end of one of the shelters.







Sunday, we went to PSR (I taught my class), church, home to change, ran through McDonald's for lunch, and out to Utica. My parents wanted me to learn how to give my nephew his insulin and check his blood sugar. He and my niece got back around 1 from his visitation with him mother. I learnt how to figure out his dosage and gave him his shot. He said I did a better job than my mom! LOL 

After my niece and nephew had their lunch, we headed out to Legend Hills Orchard to pick apples. My niece has been wanting to go for a while and we usually go at least once a year. Each cousin picked a huge bag full. In all total they picked a tad over 100 pounds.








We brought 3 bags home so we have a tad over 60 pounds of apples to process. I have a batch of crockpot applesauce going as we speak and I made a quick apple crisp this afternoon as well.


Today the kids have had the day off of school for teacher in service. I tutored this morning, babysat this afternoon, am doing laundry, processing apples, etc. I thought I would take a moment to type up a short post and rest for a moment. 

Well, I think my moment is up. I just heard the dryer go off so time to flip laundry. Hope everyone is having a good Monday and last day of September. :) 

1 comment:

  1. That was a full day! The apples look delicious. I wish I could go apple picking.

    ReplyDelete