Monday, October 7, 2019

Another busy but very productive weekend

Another busy weekend has come and gone. Not really busy because I had a lot of places to be, but busy because I got a TON done at home. I actually had NOTHING scheduled on Saturday and it was GLORIOUS! I was able to sleep in until 8:30 and then just go about my day on my own schedule. This is a rare occurrence so I decided to take full advantage of it to get some stuff done.

So Saturday I: 
  • did all the laundry! I ended up doing like 6 loads to get caught up.
  • had Rebecca go through ALL her clothes and she culled a trash bag full to donate. I also had the boys try on ALL of their clothes that were in the closet of doom (winter clothes) and figured out what was needed for winter. I also culled a whole trash bag full to be given to my mom and dad for my nephew that they have custody of. (This was a MAJOR project and took several hours)
  • cleaned up the kitchen, mud room and living room. Showed/ supervised Jacob cleaning out the game closet.
  • took a family hike. We went out to Wolf Run and walked for an hour and a half. The weather was glorious! Sunshine, low 60s, and just perfect. Felt so good to get out and walk. We ended up hiking close to 3 miles.  








  • cooked a homemade meal for dinner-- spaghetti and meat sauce (put leftovers in the freezer for a future baked spaghetti meal)
Sunday was a continuation of trying to get stuff done. 
On Sunday, I : 
  • Co-taught 5th grade PSR. I have a new teacher helping me out this year and I let her take the lead this week, but still was there to interject and highlight some points with the class. 
  • Went to Mass and then gave my dad the clothes for Ethan
  • Went to Walmart to pick up Jacob's medicine and to pick up a couple of things needed 
  • Once home, I made the kids lunch and then processed a batch of apples into homemade crockpot applesauce. I also made an apple pie. 

  • Figured out all my tutoring lessons for this week and started on my PSR lesson for next Sunday. 
  • Watched a little bit of NFL football with Bill and the boys.
  • Supervised Rebecca weeding the side flower bed. (We have started a new system where she has to earn the money for her extra stuff--- IE. dance ticket money, she wants to buy a download of Minecraft onto her phone, camping money for AHG, etc.)
  • I menu planned for the week as well! 
Overall, it was a good weekend. I felt like I got a TON done and even though I am fighting a head cold it felt really good to get some things accomplished. 

What about you? Did you get anything accomplished this weekend? 

Here's to a good week! 

8 comments:

  1. You DID have a good weekend!
    Wow!
    Love that you could get things done, and enjoy some family time.
    Apple pie too?
    Perfection.
    Have a cozy evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. It felt good to get some things done that had been neglected or needed done. Although seeing your pics of the beach today makes me want to run away to the beach. LOL

      Delete
  3. No, I am fighting uti and sinus infection. e did go grocery shopping and I made a canner full of squash which will last few days. I remember the days of getting three children to try on clothes between seasons. It ws not fun or pretty with the boy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that Rebecca is old enough to do her clothes on her own I just deal with the boys. It wasn't that bad just a tiring process. Thankfully they just want clothes that are comfortable-- sweatpants and tshirts, with a couple nicer pants and shirts thrown in there for church. LOL

      Delete
  4. Saturday was a wash out, but I had to get out and walk on Sunday. Great pictures with the kids-those will be nice memories as they grow up and older.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. Although Ben keeps telling everyone he hates to walk and hike. LOL

      Delete