Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Halloween and Trick or Treating 2019

Last week Halloween was on Thursday. Our town originally had their trick or treat night scheduled for that night as well. Well Mother Nature had other plans. We had rain all day long (over 2+ inches) and then the winds started. We had wind gusts of 45+ miles per hour during the time that trick or treat was supposed to happen. Thankfully, the mayor and city council decided on Wednesday to postpone trick or treat until Saturday. The kids were kind of disappointed but happy too because that meant that I made pancakes and sausage for dinner since we had a free evening. LOL 

Saturday we had an extremely busy day. Bill was working covering cross country state tournament and I was running the kids around-- first to basketball evaluations for the boys for their upcoming Upward season, then to a birthday party, then home to get ready to go trick or treating. Our good friends decided at the last minute to join us so that was fun. 

This year, we had.....

A DEVILED EGG,



(The Wrestler)RIC FLAIR "THE NATURE BOY,"




and (The Wrestler) "Undertaker."



The kids had a blast trick or treating and they got a ton of treats. I literally took one photo during the actual trick or treating as I really wanted to be present and take it all in.




After trick or treating we decided to order pizza from the pizza place across the street and just hung out and chilled. It was a very relaxing trick or treat night. The rest of the weekend was kind of crazy as well.... Yesterday I had a headache all day and felt run down. Today it is raining here and I have another super busy day-- I am watching my niece and nephew so I have been up since 4:30 this morning. After I get my kiddos from school, I will go vote and then the kids have their AHG and Trail Life meetings tonight. Always something going on. Whatever is on tap for you today, remember to get out and vote (if you are in the USA) and try to have a great Tuesday! 

4 comments:

  1. I sometimes wish they would just move it to the Saturday preceding or after anyway, but I guess the holiday is 10/31. The kids look very cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I agree. Next year Halloween falls on a Saturday.

      Delete
  2. I am beyond the trick or treating thing so all I have to do is turn my light on and open the door when the bell rings. I do love seeing all the kids in the neighborhood though!
    The children look adorable and the deviled egg slays me. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love walking around with my grand kiddos when they go trick or treating. That deviled egg outfit is the best!!

    ReplyDelete