Friday, May 27, 2022

Bill turned 50 and Last Day of School 2022

Happy Friday everyone! Sorry I haven't been around to comment on blogs or post, but it has been the last two weeks of the school year and to say that life has been crazy.... well, life has been crazy! But I made it! Today was my last day of work for the school year! I am off work until August, so I can say I am on summer break like my kiddos. 

This past week has been crazy busy, with different work schedules, Bill ended up being sick for a couple days, Rebecca had a crazy school finals schedule that we had to navigate, and I worked different hours so that I could leave work yesterday early to pick kids up since our district was on a 2-hour early release schedule. 

Oh, and it was Bill's 50th birthday in there too. He didn't really want to celebrate, and he does not like being 50, however we did a little bit of low-key celebrating. We ordered Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner, and I had picked up a chocolate cake for him. I got him a beer glass that I thought fit his thoughts about turning 50. He said he had a good day.




 

The kiddos had their last day of school yesterday. Rebecca has had finals all week and she had one last one yesterday morning and then at 9:10AM was done with her freshman year! (How am I the mom of a sophomore?!??!). Jacob finished up his first year of middle school and Benjamin finished up his 4th grade year! They all did great but were definitely ready for Summer. 


Today I had to work to close down the kitchen at work. It meant cleaning out everything and putting plastic/garbage bags over all the food service stuff. It was hard work and my coworker and I were sweaty and gross when we were done. However, the kitchen is closed until August and we are on Summer break. We did get a nice send off from the kiddos this week when we came into work on Tuesday. 




So with that hopefully now we can get into a better schedule and routine this summer. I have some goals that I want to accomplish which I will share next week. I also want to spend some time just relaxing and reading and enjoying my kids and husband. I am not tutoring or babysitting this summer so that will be a change. I hope it means I will have time to get some things done. Hopefully I will also be on to blog more often. But no promises as life is so short...



3 comments:

  1. Enjoy your time off! In a week, I'll be the mom of a sophomore & a junior, so I hear you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember 50...so many years ago...well, 25 years since then. Oh, the be 50 again. Have a good summer. Have a nap or two before it gets underway.

    ReplyDelete