Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Farm Market, Park, Memorial Day, etc.

Happy Wednesday! I hope you are all having a good middle day of the week, that feels like a Tuesday because of Memorial Day. Oh, well that is a holiday week for you.

We had a pretty busy weekend. Saturday, Rebecca and I went to the farmer's market and met up with my mom, sister, and her partner to walk around. I got some yummy treats! 




Sunday, after mass, we decided to have a picnic at the park for lunch and enjoy some of the sunshine. The kids ran some races with each other, and we took a short walk to throw some rocks. I couldn't go very far as the humidity and heat are still NOT my friend. 






Monday morning, I took the kids to our town's Memorial Day parade. It was sparce this year with only about 30 entries, however the kids still had fun and Rebecca got to see a lot of her friends who are in marching band. 







Then it was off to my parent's house for a cookout and slip-n-slide fun. The weather was so hot, but the kids had a blast. And the cookout food was yummy as well! We are so blessed to live in a country where we are free to go to parades and have cookouts because of the sacrifices that men and women have made in the past. 







Yesterday, was not a good day for me. I was depressed and hot most of the day. We have potentially some big upcoming changes in the next few months and the fear is almost insurmountable. I don't mean to be vague, but I can't really say what is all going on right now. It really got to me yesterday and it was just a very bad day for me emotionally and physically. 

Today is better. We had one thing happen that got crossed off my list and we are no worse for the wear from it. So hopefully my stress level can come down a little. 

I need to be less stressed as I have a few doctors' appointments coming up that I need to focus on. (I am still dealing with long term COVID effects.) I have a lung function test tomorrow morning that I have to have done; then later in the month I have to see a nephrologist for some kidney issues. It is what it is. 

Right now, I am cooling off after taking the kids out to the library and signing them up for the Summer Reading programs. I also got some activities from the library put on our summer calendar, so the kids have some things to look forward to. I also picked up a few books to read. I have actually read 2 books this past weekend just for fun! I am hoping to carve more time out for fun reading now that summer break is here. 

Well, I need to go flip laundry and get something cool to drink. How was your Memorial Day weekend? Do you participate in a Summer Reading Program? 

 

4 comments:

  1. Hello, Rachel. First, I am sorry about your depressive days. I empathize with you. It is so hard, and some people don't understand. I am with you, my friend. And I pray for your upcoming changes. As always, though, I love your mothering of your children! You do awesome! Hugs, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lot on you with three children, husband, and work. You do a great job with your children. I have no idea what else you are dealing with right now except for aftermath of covid. Good luck on whatever you are facing. In the South, we say, "Walk slow and stay in the shade."

    ReplyDelete