Thursday, July 7, 2022

We took a family vacation: Day 1

Happy Thursday! 

As I mentioned yesterday, my family went on a family vacation to North Carolina. We actually went on an extended family vacation with my family (Bill, the kids and I), my parents, my niece and nephew, my sister and her partner and their dog, and my brother. (On a side note, my brother's fiancé was supposed to join us, however she broke up with him the week before we left so that cast a pallor on our vacation.) We all went together to rent an ocean front house directly on the beach. 

We left around 4AM on the morning of June 25 to make the drive to Emerald Isle, North Carolina. This is about 4 hours later than we would normally leave, however we couldn't check in until 4PM so decided to leave later. Thankfully, traffic wasn't horrible, and we really had no problems with the drive.




We arrived in North Carolina around 10:30 Saturday morning. We stopped at the rest area just across the border as is our tradition and had to take our photo in front of the "Welcome to North Carolina" sign. 




We stopped at McDonald's somewhere in North Carolina for lunch. When we are traveling, we only eat fast food on the road. We try really, really hard NOT to eat fast food chains when we are settled into where we are vacationing. 





We arrived at the house that we were all renting around 4:30ish. It was named Awesome Views. The kids immediately wanted to get their suits on and head to the beach.








My parents, niece, nephew and my sister were also there. (My sister's partner Cecilia and my brother Josh and the dog were coming on Sunday as Cecilia had to work on Friday night into Saturday morning and my brother was in a wedding on Saturday night). They left to go to the grocery store, while we hung out on the beach. We decided to order pizza for dinner as it would mean an easy dinner after a long day of driving. 

We got yummy pizza and chicken gyros from Circle Pizza




After dinner, we call kind of hung out on the deck and then headed to bed waiting for our adventures to begin the next day. 

8 comments:

  1. So glad you got a vacation, and that house location looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smart move to go easy on the first day. Pizza works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I carried apples and bananas in the car. When my children saw a McD sign for 10 miles away, I was very excited and said let's have a banana while we drive. Or, half an apple. That way, they were not bottomless pits filling up on fast food and actually got something healthy....lol. I would have preferred a bag of chocolate chip cookies! That is a huge house and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful place for a vacation! Pizza should be part of every vacation, I think. Hope you are fully recuperated and that your week is off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you ok? Its been a long time!! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you are feeling great and just busy enjoying a fabulous summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Electrifyaholic is a leading Best DSLR Camera in India, Best Smart TVS in India, and Best Washing Machine Under 30000. For more information visit Electrifyaholic.
    Best DSLR Camera in India

    ReplyDelete