Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Why I haven't written

Hello everyone. I didn't mean to not post for the past month or so. I wish I could say that it was because life has been super busy, and I have been out having adventures with the kids. But that wouldn't be honest.

Honestly, the last month has been hard. When we got back from vacation (which I still need to finish the posts for), life got HARD. Bill and I have hit a rough patch in our marriage for the 2nd time. We have done counseling in the past and life is just rough right now. 

I got hit with a bout of depression that really has knocked me down in a way that I haven't felt in a really long time. In fact, our marriage counselor suggested that I talk to my doctor about depression meds. I have been on meds for a couple of weeks. I am not sure that the dosage is correct as I still do not feel okay, but they want me on the dose I am on now for 4-6 weeks before they will change it. 

My health has also gotten worse. When we were on vacation, I couldn't walk very far without my back hurting and being out breath. I still can't go upstairs without getting out of breath. It is super frustrating. I am not sure how I am going to go back to work in a couple weeks. If I do something really physical, then I am out of commission for a few days after. For example, Rebecca and Jacob recently went to their summer camp and so I tried to do something with Ben. On one day where the weather wasn't hot or humid, we met my sister and her girlfriend at the zoo. Well, we walked slow and took our time (since my sister also has many health issues). When my back hurt, I tried to sit and rest. However, when I got home, I was done. And honestly, it took me a week to get back to not being exhausted. 

Before anyone says that I need to see my doctors, I have. I am due to have testing and more bloodwork at the end of next week for my nephrologist as she thinks that there may be something wrong with my kidneys. It took my hospital 6 weeks to get me in for the ultrasound appointment. By the time I would have tried to get a referral to a doctor in Columbus, it would have been the same amount of time. It is just really crappy. 

So that's why I haven't written.  

14 comments:

  1. You have been missed, but please take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered what was happening. Take care of yourself. Can you email me at pparsimony@yahoo.com ? I cannot get through your email place. I tried several times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just sending warm thoughts. You're doing what you can, and I hope you get the care you need and deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry this is happening. I hope you can find some answers regarding your health issues. Marriage issues are very difficult and can make you feel even worse. You are such an awesome person and deserve to be happy in every way. Sending a warm hug and loving thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've missed you...sending healing Prayers for you in all areas. It's difficult but know there's caring "blog land'' friends ready to listen (aka read) and help. Your in Ohio--I'm in KY so close enough if you need a blog friend Hug! My email rceaton55@gmail.com reach out anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending many healing prayers your way. Life just gets really hard sometimes, huh? I am thinking of you and have missed your updates. Just concentrate on feeling better and nurturing the things in life that really matter. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's what I was afraid of that your health was suffering. I am so sorry! I will add to my prayer list. Jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry you are dealing with so much. Lots of love, prayers, and healing thoughts sent your way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. First time commenting but a long time reader, i love your blog because it seems like home, normal, simple, and real. When i feel sad i go back to my basics, sleep, water, sunshine. a HUGE chunk of mental health is sleep so pay special attention to quality of sleep, do EVERYTHING you can to sleep (baths, chamomile, meditation, white noise, magnesium, dark room, aromatherapy, whatever it takes!!!) Medicines help, but it takes 4-6 weeks to see any results. Hang in there and be gentle with your self!
    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hang in there. You are such a great mom and deserve so much! I’m hoping medication’s will help and I do know antidepressants take several weeks to start seeing much. They were a god sent for me years ago. And prayers that they can figure out and improve/fix your medical issues. Has the ongoing Covid long haulers been ruled out? I have heard there may be some financial help if that is still ongoing. Prayers for you

    ReplyDelete
  11. Long-time reader here ..I am so sorry you are not feeling well in so many ways. Be good to yourself. You are a strong and awesome woman, the center of your family. Hang in there. Susan in NJ

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay,
    I am getting worried. We live in places that are equally civilized, but it has never taken me six weeks to get a test scheduled. Why so long? I wonder. Can you give a one sentence post for us?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Big hugs to you. I'm late to the commenting, but please do prioritize your physical & mental health right now. I know as a parent, that's such a hard thing to make happen, but if you don't take care of yourself, you can't take care of your family either.

    ReplyDelete