Saturday, September 3, 2022

COVID is back in our house :(

 Yep. Seems like it is more than just a cold that Benjamin has. He tested positive for COVID on Thursday night. He laid on the couch all day long on Thursday and was fighting a fever all day long. 

 



Yesterday, he was a little better. Woke up with no fever, but little energy. Later in the day, he started feeling bad again and his fever was back. 

According to current protocols, Ben is out of school for 5 days so until Monday (which they don't have school that day anyways), then as long as he is symptom free then he can go back to school with wearing a mask for 5 days being optional. The school recommends he wear a mask, but it is ultimately up to us as parents. 

I am not isolating him to his room as I was around him all day long as I stayed home from work with him and had to give him meds, take temperatures, etc. Today he is up and playing and watching TV. He still doesn't have an appetite, but that is okay. I am making sure he is drinking. I am glad that I stocked up on Gatorade a few months ago.  

As for the rest of us... we are convinced that Bill had false negatives on his COVID tests and that he also had COVID earlier this week. It is a possibility as he is vaccinated and boosted, and these tests have been known to show false negatives for boosted individuals. Rebecca and Jacob seem fine. They went to school yesterday. I stayed home yesterday from work as I was more tired than I usually am, so I erred on the side of caution. I spent most of the day in bed napping. Bill was off so he took kids to school and picked them up. 

So, any plans that we had this long weekend have been cancelled. We were supposed to have a big cookout at my parent's house tomorrow, but we will not be going. Bill is working and the kids and I will just chill at home. Today, the boys and I will watch college football. Tonight, is the big Ohio State/Notre Dame game that is of interest. I will also be working on a few loads of laundry. I have 3 loads to fold and a couple to wash in order to get caught up. 

What are you to this Labor Day weekend? 

14 comments:

  1. Oh, gosh. You all take care. I’m so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope Ben feels better, and everyone else stays healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a mess....hope Ben recovers quickly and nobody else comes down with it. I'm in the midst of packing and throwing stuff out or sending it to Sallie's. So tired but we'll be done in just over a week. Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sluggy. You are amazing at getting all that done! Good luck on your move.

      Delete
  4. Oh no! I am so sorry about this sickness. Maybe someone will bring goodies to your house for you. This Saturday, we have been busy but really got nothing done. I will make baked beans from scratch and have hotdogs and slaw. We also have something that looks like filet mignon but is not. And, there are plenty of leftover vegetables. So, nothing spectacular. But, we are not here with ill children and missing family fun like you are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry covid reared its ugly head again.
    It is late Saturday night here and I flipped back and forth between the Alabama game an the Ohio State game. The Ohio State game was more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ended up going to bed at halftime of the OSU game. Hubby stayed up and watched it.

      Delete
  6. I'm so sorry. My BIL is not at the cabin due to Covid. School starts this week and we'll likely see more caes pop up. Stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly what we are seeing. Just in the food service department there have been 5 cases. Half of the high school food service staff was out today all testing positive.

      Delete
  7. Oh poor Ben! I sure hate he has the “C”, but glad to hear he is feeling a little better. Praying the rest of your house stays free from it. No big plans for Labor Day here except cleaning. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Send some of that cleaning mojo my way. I just can't seem to get on top of things.

      Delete