Thursday, October 27, 2022

Health Update

 Happy Thursday everyone! It feels like a Saturday to me, as the kids and I are off school/ work until Monday. Last night and today were parent/teacher conferences for the schools so we got today and tomorrow off. I am ready for a break. We have been super busy and it will be nice to just be able to get some things done at home and not have to rush, rush, rush. 

That being said, I wanted to hop on here and do a quick health update about me. Like I said in my last post, I had an appointment with a hematologist, as my blood work numbers keep showing that I am slightly anemic. His theory was it may be 2 medicines that I was put on last April when I had my heart issues (my blood pressure medicine and my water pill). He ordered more blood work and tests. 

Last week I saw my nephrologist, as most of the blood work numbers also are pointing to a kidney issue. She had the results of the blood work from hematology and seems to be in agreement that it a result of the blood pressure medicine and the water pill. She is also wondering if my heart isn't fully recovered from the issues I had last year. So, she took some action. She changed my blood pressure medicine and water pill medicine to a new one that is all in one. She also wants me to start taking an iron pill daily to help with the anemia. She also ordered an echocardiogram to be done to check my heart again. (The hospital called today and got that scheduled for a couple of weeks from now.) 



I started the new blood pressure medication and iron pill last Friday. This week, I do think that I have had some more energy. Monday, I felt pretty good all day and was able to be productive. Monday morning, I asked Ben if he wanted to walk to school like we used to. He smiled huge and said yes, then he asked if my heart was okay to walk. I was able to walk him and back. I did have to sit for several minutes after I got home, but it felt good to be out. Tuesday, I overdid it and had a bad night energy wise and a headache. Yesterday was better. Today has been pretty good with energy and I am trying to find that balance of getting things done and resting when I need to. 

So that is the update. I am doing okay. Still trying to hang in there and do the best that I can do. I am really hoping that this new medication and things will be the answer that we are looking for. 

 

1 comment:

  1. I'm happy to hear that you've felt better this week. I'm anemic too and know how it can leave you feeling worn out. If it helps, try eating the Walmart Great Value Bran Flakes. It provides 100% daily iron value. I eat a bowl every morning and it definitely helps me feel better. I do take an iron supplement too later in the day. I hope that your health will continue to improve.

    ReplyDelete