Thursday, December 21, 2017

Beauty in the Everyday

Today was a lovely first day of winter break spent with doing what I wanted and not having to be at the beck and call of alarm clocks, tutoring students, or the baby that I babysit. It was glorious. I got to sleep in a little bit, and just be. 

After getting up, we headed out so that Bill could pick his van up at the shop where his windshield wipers had gotten fixed. I dropped him off there and then took the kids to the park to throw rocks in the lake and to enjoy the sunshine. 




The kids had fun, especially when we discovered that part of the lake was slightly frozen so they decided to try to throw rocks and tried to break the ice. They had a blast.

 

After, we headed back home to have lunch and do a little bit of cleanup. I also baked off some m&m cookies with dough that I had made yesterday. 




After Bill came home we headed back out to the Kokosing Trail to walk and enjoy the temperatures. It was another beautiful day.







Rebecca did say that she thought the walk was boring because the path was bare. I tried to tell her that there is still beauty to be found in nature in winter. It is a different beauty but it is still there. 

Tonight, I am currently watching another episode of "The Crown" and contemplating whether I should wrap presents or not. I am surprised that I am not tired as usually at this time of night I am exhausted. Maybe it was all the fresh air....Hope everyone has a wonderful night! 

1 comment:

  1. Hello!
    What a lovely day you had!!
    Don't you just love vacation days?!?!
    m&m cookies are my very favorite. : )
    Have a wonderful Christmas with your beautiful family. : )

    ReplyDelete