Wednesday, December 20, 2017

The Crown, Sunshine, and Fudge

Can you believe it is almost Christmas? 5 more days to get ready. 

Today was my kiddos' last day of school before winter break. They are totally ready for break. Honestly I am ready to not have to wake up with an alarm the next couple of days. LOL

Today, I took the kids to school and then headed to the grocery store to pick up a few things to tide us over into next week. My goal is to not go to the store until at least the 26th or 27th at the earliest. 



Then I came home and put away groceries and watched 2 episodes of "The Crown." I started watching it last week on Netflix and I have fallen in love with the show. It is so good. 

Bill and I then had to take his van to the shop as his windshield wipers decided to stop working. He thought it was a bolt that had come undone but he wasn't able to get to it as the screws that screwed it in were all stripped. Thankfully the repair shop was able to access it and is only charging us $80 for labor.

 

Then we decided to take a walk at a local park. It was a gorgeous day out today. The sun was shining all day and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. It was also in the low 40s so not terribly cold. Perfect for being outside!

When we came home, Bill had to head into work for a bit and I decided to try my hand at making fudge for Bill to take to work tomorrow. I have NEVER made fudge in my life and grew up thinking it was so hard to make and so never attempted it. Well, I googled easy recipes and I found one that sounded perfect for me to try the "Easiest Ever Fudge." The only thing I did different was add in a little bit of peanut butter chips.


Tonight as I cut it into small squares I had Bill try it and his response was if I would have made this for him when we were dating he would have eloped with me right then and there. LOL So I guess that means it is good.



So overall, it has been a good day. I finished up tutoring sessions for the year today so have time off until after the new year. I might be babysitting next week for a day or 2, but don't have that schedule yet. Right now, I am just looking forward to being with the kids and enjoying Christmas as much as I can.  



10 comments:

  1. Your fudge sounds delicious!
    And yay for Christmas break!
    I hope you have a cozy time with your family. : )
    And LOVE The Crown!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Billie Jo! I hope you and yours have a wonderful Christmas as well! :)

      Delete
  2. The only fudge I have ever made is an old-fashioned fudge, not one of the easy recipes, but it is still easy. Mama made it all the time when we were children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I was growing up my mom tried to make fudge 3 times that I remember and it NEVER turned out. She claimed only certain people could make fudge. My aunt would make it every year and my mom would make buckeyes (which my aunt could never make) and they would trade. This is definitely an easy recipe but so good!

      Delete
  3. Wow, that's some fudge! Thanks for linking the recipe. I will have to try it one day. You reminded me that I started watching The Crown, but then forgot about it. I will have to go back to it while I'm off on break. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really good! I am going to have to make another batch as Bill took all of his to work today. The Crown is definitely a different show than what I normally watch but it is really good. I have to find a time at night to watch it as I won't watch it when the kids are up. I hope you have a fabulous break.

      Delete
  4. Lovely looking fudge! I have decided to save som treat making for New Years, so this might be added to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. May have to try that fudge recipe out. Sounds like the kind you make using marshmallow fluff but just using mini marshmallows instead-genius! Season 2 of The Crown is on my to watch when things slow down list. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas over there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean! I hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas as well!

      Delete