Thursday, May 2, 2019

More updates--- Charlotte's Web, Easter, etc.

Happy Thursday! Yesterday, I said that I would continue the update to get my caught up to the present so here is the continuation....

I somehow hurt my shoulder which ended up with my at Urgent Care and getting a sling. The doc thinks there may have been a small tear but wanted me to take pain medicine, a muscle relaxer and a steroid first to see if that would help. Also gave me a lovely sling. I couldn't let that sling stop me though...

We had parks to explore....




and a play to attend. Rebecca tried out and got a role in a local community theater troupe's play of "Charlotte's Web." She had a small role as a fairgoer but had a blast with everything. I think the acting bug has bitten her hard. 





We celebrated Easter by coloring Easter eggs....






and waking up early on Easter to find that sneaky bunny had hid their baskets in the closet of doom upstairs. It took the kids 10 minutes to find them this year. But they were all thrilled with their goodies. 


We went to Sunday Mass on Easter. We got there 25 minutes early in order to get a seat as all the "Christmas and Easter" Catholics would come out of the woodwork to attend. 


We had an Easter cookout and egg hunt at my parents' house. It was a little too chilly to eat outside, but a fun day none-the-less. 










And this past weekend, Rebecca attended her final 6th grade dance and her dad chaperoned part of it! LOL 


Those were definitely the highlights of the month so far. We have had some lowlights as well... we found out we are being audited by the IRS (definitely a headache); I was physically getting sick by watching 2 of the kids that I babysat because of the stress they caused. I gave their mom my notice but said I could watch them until the end of the school year. Well she, thankfully, found someone who was willing to take all 3 of her kids for the summer and started with them this week so to keep that spot. I am perfectly okay with it as my stress level is doing much better. So in a way that was a lowlight in that I am losing that income, but it is a highlight because maybe that means I won't be as stressed. 

So here we are at May. Life is already filling up with to dos for the end of the school year and summer plans. We have already had 2 end of the year concerts that I will blog about maybe tomorrow, with more things on the horizon. 

Hope everyone is having a great Thursday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment