Saturday, August 17, 2019

Playing in the rain, cooking and an uneventful week

This past week has been kind of uneventful. We really haven't had a lot going on, which has been good since school starts back next week. 

One thing I did do this week was I played in the rain. We had a pouring rain the other day and Rebecca and Bill said they didn't think I would go out and run around in it. I had to prove them wrong ;) It was a nice warm rain so it felt good. I hadn't done something like that since I was a kid. LOL And of course since I did it, everyone else had to too! LOL  









I've done some cooking. The same day it poured rain, I was craving chili. So made some and made grilled cheese sandwiches with marked down Italian bread I had in the freezer. SO good, (even though I usually don't make it in the summer since I think of it as a fall food)!  I have also been making a batch of sautéed sweet potatoes, onions and zucchini that I have been eating with eggs in the morning. Again, super yummy! 




I cleaned out the freezer. I took the kids to get a new back-to-school outfit for next week. I have been cleaning. I tackled our bedroom yesterday. It looks a ton better. I didn't take any pictures but it had gotten way out of control. I tutored one kiddo, and had another one no-show. I babysat. Just another normal week around here. 

Today, I am working on laundry. I am also going to set up my desk for the new school year (get folders ready for the kids' stuff, etc.). I am also going to label and sort all the school supplies for the kids so those are ready to go next week. 

What are your plans for today? Anything exciting going on? 

4 comments:

  1. Playing in the rain looks like so much fun! Some days it is great to take a break from full on adulting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your kids are off to a wonderful school year start today. Playing in the rain looks so fun. And I've been craving chili as well but refusing to make it until the temps drop a bit around here. Funny to read this as today is my laundry day (and I'm also attempting to clean the house a bit). Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The boys had a great first day. Rebecca goes back today. It is raining here again (off and on) and I am doing laundry and cleaning...it is a never ending cycle! LOL

      Delete