Saturday, August 10, 2019

The Lion King Movie and bike riding

This past week was kind of low key around here. We did end up taking the kids the see the new "The Lion King" movie on Tuesday at the movie theater.



The kids all loved it and I gave it an "A" grade. I thought some of the added banter between Timon and Pumba was great. The kids really enjoyed it and it was another item marked off from our summer list. Only a week and a half until school starts back so I am trying to make sure we have some fun things to do. 

When we came out of the movie, the weather outside was bad (in the midst of a severe thunderstorm) so we hung out in the movie theater lobby. Bill showed the boys how to play a video game and Rebecca wanted me to take her picture in front of a display for a new movie. LOL 



This morning, Rebecca spent time with my dad learning to ride a bike. Yes, I am feeling like a bad mom because she has never learned. I haven't ridden in years and Bill never learned to ride one. My dad spent the morning with her and taught her. She was so proud. Now I just need to keep my eye out for a good bike for her. 



Other than that I have been doing laundry and putzing around. This the first Saturday in a long time that I haven't had things planned. Feels kind of strange. Oh, well. I will take advantage of it. Hope everyone has a good one! 

4 comments:

  1. My mother could not ride a bike because of a back problem, but they got me a bike and I learned to ride it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hit publish too soon. How much did you have to pay for tickets?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We went on Tuesday where each ticket is $5 and comes with a free small popcorn for each ticket. :) That's the only way I can afford to take everyone.

      Delete
  3. We are going to the movie on Tuesday for the 5 buck movie. We will see The Peanut Butter Falcon, but we have no kids so we don't have to watch kid movies. (Though I will rent The Lion King when it comes out on Redbox)

    ReplyDelete