Friday, August 2, 2019

I turned 40 last Sunday!

Last week, I spent much of the week dealing with tooth pain and getting my tooth pulled. I gave myself the birthday present of getting my tooth pulled last Thursday, 3 days before my birthday! LOL. 

That is right I was turning 40 years old last Sunday (July 28). To celebrate, we planned on doing a camp out at my parent's house on Friday night to Saturday. This would be our 2nd annual Rachel's birthday camp out. (The attendees at this year's camp out where me, Bill, our kiddos, my mom, my dad, my sister, my brother Joe, my niece, and my nephew. The only one missing was my youngest brother Josh, who was attending his first concert in Columbus that night.) 

Even though I was in mouth pain, we decided to go ahead and do it. So we headed out to camp.



The kids had a blast playing with $1 badminton rackets I bought at Dollar Tree. 





My mom cooked out. I was able to eat a hamburger with really tiny bites and some baked beans and macaroni salad.








My sister made me a cake and decorated it herself. (Since I am usually the one to decorate the family cakes, I usually get a Kroger cake, so this was a nice, unexpected surprise). 



My niece made me some coconut bars that were really sweet but yummy. 



Everyone sang me happy birthday and I blew out all the candles on the cake! (We ended up doing the cake inside as it was really dark out!)








We had a fire and the kids made s'mores. 








Rebecca and Ben ended up sleeping out under the stars. Jacob got eaten up by mosquitoes even though I put repellent on him. 




It was a fun evening and a great way to start the birthday festivities.

Saturday, I ended up taking Rebecca to Staples to help a friend face paint at a back to school party for the community. I ended up staying and chatting with my friend the entire time. 



That night I made baked pasta with shredded chicken, low sodium sauce, and mozzarella for dinner. 

Sunday, started with a search for hearts around our house. Bill had placed 40 hearts around, some with a note with 40 things about me, etc. That was a nice way to start the day. Then it was off to church. After church, Rebecca and I headed to Walmart to get a tote for sleeping bags. 



Then honestly, the afternoon was not a good time. I got mad because nothing was being done for my birthday (no plans had been made and that made me ticked as I try to make others' birthday extra special) and I was in mouth pain (but couldn't take my pain meds because they gave me a bad headache). I went to bed ticked off and slept for a couple hours. 

Bill and the kids did take me to dinner at Bob Evans, since they knew I could get soft food there. I ended up with turkey and mashed potatoes. 

After Bill went to work, my friend and her kiddos stopped by with flowers and chocolate to wish me happy birthday. 


Because I had napped and I was mad, I ended up staying up until almost 5am the next morning binge watching "Last Man Standing" on Hulu. Bill came home from work and we talked and I got some things off my chest.

So while it wasn't my best birthday ever, overall it was a good weekend and I will never forget turning 40. 

5 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday! Your sister did a great job decorating your cake, I love the ocean theme. And such pretty flowers there from your friend. Glad you got everything worked out the next day. Hope you are feeling much better this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! Happy 40th birthday. It has been a long times since I experienced that decade. I hope you have a positive year filled with happiness. Camping is such a nice thing to do with kids. Easy on the pocket book, and let's everyone just have space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, mine was the 15th and I am 61. We really don't do anything for birthdays, out to eat and presents for my kids only. Hope your tooth is better and you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday and love all the photos. I would be like your Jacob. I keep others safe from being bitten because the mosquitos love me even when I am doused in repellant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! I have 33 years on you. Wish I had the energy I had at 40. Camping would be more like punishment to me. I hope the birthday turned out to be a good day.

    ReplyDelete