Sunday, October 10, 2021

Sunrises, Doc Appt., Decorations, and Celebrating Jacob's Early Birthday

 Happy Sunday everyone! How's your weekend going? How'd your week go? I figured I'd take a few minutes today to get a post up. Most days I try to read my blogs that I follow while I am eating lunch, but I don't really have a lot of time to sit down and compose a post. Like so many have reminded me it is just this season of life. 

So what have I been up to?

Well, we have been dealing with some warmer than normal temperatures. It is cool in the morning, but then quickly warms up. We have had some beautiful sunrises though.



 

I worked 4 days this past week at 3 different schools. 2 of the days I worked at a school where the head cook was not there and she is really particular how she wants things, etc. Well, after the first day I guess she said that me and the other sub did a really nice job. This was a shock as complimenting does not come natural to this woman. 

I did not work on Thursday, as I had a follow up appointment with my primary care doctor in regards to my cholesterol level and follow up to see how I am feeling. Well... my A1C is back to normal! My cholesterol is still high, although it is a little lower. She said it is going to be hard for me to lower it as it is hereditary. I will continue on the new meds for another 6 months to see if it continues to bring it down. I am still have a couple symptoms that are bothersome. I get exhausted EVERY day right around 5pm and it continues through the evening and I am usually asleep by 8:30-900PM. Also, I still cannot go up more than 1 flight of steps at a time without getting extremely out of breath or having my heart rate skyrocket. I also can't hike on any type of elevated path. My doc thinks this could still be a symptom of long term COVID issues, so she prescribed me an inhaler to use as a pretreatment if I go hiking to see if that helps. I told her that I have pretty much adjusted to just not doing those things. We shall see. Other than that she was pleased with my progress and with how my bloodwork looked. I will see her again in 6 months. I did ask her about the COVID vaccine and she is deferring any decision to my cardiologist so I will ask him at my next appointment. 

After my doctors appointment, Bill and I went out to lunch and stopped in at Dollar Tree next door for Halloween decorations. Both Rebecca and Ben asked if we could decorate for Halloween this year. So I picked up a couple things to decorate with. 



Speaking of decorating, on Saturday we went to my parents' house to carve pumpkins and to celebrate Jacob's early birthday (his actual birthday is tomorrow). The kids had a blast carving pumpkins to put on my parents' front porch. 




















We had a pizza party for Jacob's birthday, followed by chocolate lasagna and presents. 








Jacob enjoyed his presents of a Google Play card, a wrestler, some books, and games. He was truly blessed. 

Today, we have been to church and PSR. I have been doing laundry and trying to get some cleaning done. I am still not used to working and my house is a disaster. I should end this and get back to flipping laundry and getting some more stuff done. 

Do you decorate for Halloween? Do you carve pumpkins? What have you been up to lately? 

13 comments:

  1. The chocolate lasagna looks amazing. I’ve worked full-time and raised a family most of my married life. You are correct, payroll moms and home making are tough to balance. One rule I stuck to when the kids were home was a load of laundry a day keeps insanity away. I found that routines are so important. I still start a load of laundry every morning when I get up, and change it over when I walk in the door at night. After dinner, and dishes are done, I fold and put on the table and everyone was responsible to help put away. Now it’s up to hubby and I to divide and conquer. I rotate whites, good work/dress clothes, and what I call dirty dirties. (Hubby is a farmer). I’d be happy to share more tips and tricks if you would like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes please. I can use all the tips and tricks there are. I did incorporate your idea of a load of laundry a day over the last several days and it really does help keep the laundry monster down. Thanks for sharing your idea and I look forward to hearing other tips you would like to share. :)

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday to Jacob! It's been really hot here as well. Hoping the rain we're getting tonight (hopefully more than the sprinkles from earlier) helps cool it down. The pumpkin carving party looks so fun and chocolate lasagna sounds delicious! Hooray for normal A1C! And compliments from the cook, you'll be getting called back to that school often for sure. New schedules and routines take time, I've been at my job for 6 years and the house still sometimes becomes a disaster on weeks when I'm busy. Hang in there. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean. It just feels like I am never home and our house is small to begin with so it doesn't take much to make it messy...

      Delete
  3. The dessert looks fantastic for a birthday celebration. It sounds like your job is going well. I'm glad your seeing positive health numbers and I hope it continues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SAM. My doc and I are both happy with my numbers. Now I just need to get back into the habit of exercising.

      Delete
  4. I have never heard of chocolate lasagna, but it sounds right up my alley. Those are great looking pumpkins! And Rebecca's is spectacular. I hope work and covid becomes easier for you. Have you ever thought it is blood sugar making you tired? You might need a little to eat just before you get so tired each day. A nap would probably fix you right up, but I know there is no chance of that. be well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. I can't nap as naps tend to give me headaches and makes me feel worse.

      Delete
  5. So your house is a disaster? THE HELL YOU SAY!!! Honestly, give yourself a break--you've been sick, you're working, you're raising three kids, and sometimes a niece and nephew. You seem to have a close relationship with extended family, and are engaged in school activities. I never worked full time, but I did have a period of 2 years, with 3 in diapers, when I was in school full time working on another degree. I found the only way I could manage to stay on top of the house was to make one day each week when I simply didn't leave the house. I also implemented the "contain it" principle. Dirty clothes into laundry baskets at the foot of each person's bed. (NOT the closet--that was an extra step the kids wouldn't take.) Dirty dishes straight the dishwasher. Anything that didn't belong in the living area went in to one of several baskets strategically placed around those rooms. I vacuumed every night while kids were having their baths. Beds/cribs made each morning, and this was easy, because they only had/have quilts on a toddler bed, or comforters with duvet covers on a big bed--even a three-year old can neatly make a bed with no blankets or top sheets to tuck. Seriously, now that the house is full of teens, it's harder to keep the place tidy! (Let's just say that some of them don't have nearly the same standards I do.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the pep talk Meg! I do need to give myself more of a break. I know that I do.

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday to your little guy! Chocolate Lasagna sounds delicious. The pumpkin carving looks so fun! We hope to get our pumpkins carved! Have a cozy evening, my friend. For the record, I am on two meds for cholesterol. It runs in my family. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Billie Jo. Yeah my PCP is pretty sure mine will always be high due to genes but I am trying to get it to be NOT so high. Thankfully the fenofibrate seems to be helping.

      Delete

  7. I am so delighted I found your weblog, I really found you by accident,
    And would just like to say thank you for a fantastic post and a all round entertaining blog (I also love the theme/design), FAKE DRIVERS LICENSE THAT WORKS FROM THE DMV I don't have time to go through it all at the minute but I have bookmarked it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the excellent job.

    ReplyDelete