Sunday, October 24, 2021

Becoming a Godmother again, broken phone, Nightmare Before Christmas, and a First vaccine

 Happy Sunday everyone! Today it is cold, chilly, rainy, drizzly and it finally feels like fall! I meant to post on Friday but just wasn't feeling it. Yesterday we spent the day having some family time apple picking (which I will share about tomorrow.) 

Last weekend on Saturday we ended up taking a walk on the bike path to enjoy the somewhat beautiful weather. It had been a while since I had been out to walk and man did it feel good! 





Ben also finished putting tog
ether his first lego creation that he made from a kit. He had bought a TIE fighter with some gift card money that he had and he put it together all on his on over the course of a couple days! He was so proud! 




This past Sunday I was in the process of becoming a Godmother once again. My nephew Ethan was baptized into the Catholic Church and my dad asked me to be his Godmother. That means that I am now the Godmother to all of my brother's children. It was a nice ceremony with our Deacon leading it. I even bought and wore a new dress for the occasion! (Usually I am in jeans and a nice shirt for church.) That evening we went out to my parents' house to celebrate with Rooster's wings for dinner. It was a great day! 





This past week was kind of weird. I didn't work on Monday as I had to have 3 fillings done at the dentist. Tuesday, I never got called in to work so Bill and I spent the day together getting some things done. We dropped a bag off to Goodwill, went to CVS, took a walk. The sun was out so it was a nice day to walk. 





The bad thing that happened was that I accidently dropped my cell phone and my keys in the parking lot at CVS and it shattered my phone screen! Thankfully, I came home and was looking online and discovered that I had enough reward points to have $100 off a new phone. So I ordered a new phone that was originally $250 on sale for $149 and so with tax paid $56 for my new phone! I will take it. It arrived on Thursday and I was able to get it activated and working. 



Wednesday I worked. 

Thursday and Friday I had to babysit my niece and nephew as their school district was off those days. Thursday I was able to get a quick decluttering project done... cleaning out my pots and pans cabinet and getting rid of extra plastic containers that I didn't have lids for or that were gross and stained. 



Friday night we watched "
The Nightmare Before Christmas" which I had never seen. It was good, weird, but good.

Also on Friday Jacob got his first COVID vaccine shot. He had some mild reaction to it yesterday in having a slight fever, a little nausea and being really tired. He is fine this morning other than a headache. 



Yesterday, we went apple picking which I will write about tomorrow as this post is getting pretty long. 

How was your week? Anyone doing anything fun? What is your opinion of "The Nightmare Before Christmas" if you have seen it?   

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like you've had some good family time. I'm gearing up for that season. Just learned my niece is having baby two in May. Hers will be close in age

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen that movie. The walk looked good. I wish I could apple pick! I kept looking for a baby in the church picture...lol...my ignorance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked Nightmare, but it is a Tim Burton movie, so understand going into it, it will be a little odd.
    Nice that you are Godmother to all the children.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you were able to fix your phone. I love the Nightmare Before Christmas but yes, it's weird. I really like the music in it though. If you want another super weird Tim Burton movie, watch Coraline. Ha! Slightly scary but not overly scary. Congrats on being a Godmother again.

    ReplyDelete