Sunday, October 3, 2021

Stream of Consciousness Update from my life

Happy Sunday everyone and Happy October! It's been a hot minute since I wrote on this here blog of mine. The reason?... Well, just too tired and too much stuff going on between life and work. Let's hit some of the highlights from the past couple of weeks by seeing where my stream of consciousness takes us....

I have been working almost daily. Last week I worked every day Monday through Friday. I was exhausted every evening. Thank goodness I did mostly crockpot meals. 

On top of work and crazy kids' schedules, I have still been dealing with major tooth pain. I was supposed to have a root canal done on Tuesday (the 28th). This has been scheduled since the beginning of September. Well, on Monday, the 27th, the dentists office called at 11:00 AM while I was working and let me know that they needed to reschedule as the dentist wasn't available that day. I was flabbergasted. She tried to reschedule for the end of October. I told her that was not acceptable and so we settled on the 13th of October. I texted Bill to let him know what was going on and he called the dentist. I am not sure what he said to them, but he got my appointment moved up to this past Thursday. So Thursday I had a root canal done. I ended up needing 5 shots of novocaine (including one directly into the root) in order to numb my mouth. Today is the first time in a really long time that I haven't had severe mouth pain. I have to go back in a couple weeks for a couple of fillings. Have I that I hate the dentist?

Let's see... what else? The kids activities are keeping me busy. Jacob is involved in the afterschool book club at school and in a community choir. Rebecca is involved in the high school Diversity Club and also in the art magazine that they publish. I am constantly in the van taking them to things or picking them up from their meetings.


 

Speaking of the van, I was involved in a minor fender bender one day after I picked Jacob up from school. Bill, Jacob and I were heading home from picking him up and we had stopped at a stop sign. There was a red truck behind us that had followed us from the school parking lot. We stopped at the stop sign and the red truck bumped us. It was being driven by a young high school kid who was very upset that he hit us. We called dispatch and they sent an officer out. I decided not to file a report as there was almost no damage done. It was another headache to deal with. I hope the kid learned his lesson though. 

This past week, I only worked 2 days. I had already asked for Tuesday off as I thought I was having my root canal. Instead I went to get blood work done. Wednesday, I took Jacob to the doctor for a well child appointment. Thursday was my root canal. I did work Monday and Friday. 



Speaking of other appointments, Rebecca got her 2nd vaccination on Friday Sept 24 so she is now fully vaccinated. On Saturday she was very tired, like when you are when you are sick. But she had no other symptoms. She was fine by Sunday. We will be getting Jacob his first shot in the next couple weeks as he turns 12 on the 11th of October. 

Yesterday we had a fun day celebrating my nephew Ethan's 10th birthday with a pizza party and ice cream cake. We got him a Minecraft Lego set that he loved. 






Today, I have taught PSR, gone to church, gone to the grocery store and am not trying to figure out what needs to be done at home. The one thing that I have let slide is housework. There are piles and stuff everywhere and I really need to tackle it today. I know Jean from "Chit Chat with Jean" is tackling a FlyLady approach to cleaning this month. Maybe I should hop back on that bandwagon as I used to follow FlyLady. Decisions, decisions... For now I need to go flip laundry, and I think I will work on my desk area. 

How about you? What have you been up to? Doing anything special on this first Sunday in October? 

 


4 comments:

  1. Hello, my friend. I had a root canal done last summer. I am so glad you got it moved up!!! I hope you rested today. ever feel bad about taking a day to rest. You have busy days! Have a cozy evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it seems like you are a dog chasing its tail right now. You have active kids and other responsibilities and your life is a whirlwind. Trust me, one day you will actually miss the chaos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew, you've had lots going on over there. Glad you got your root canal done. Scared of dentists over here so that makes me shudder just thinking about it. That was very kind of you not to file a report on the fender bender with the young driver. Thank you for the shoutout of my blog, also very kind. Hope you get some rest. Have a fantastic new week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. With three kids and a husband, you are one busy woman. Maybe the kids could make a run through the house and help out a bit...lol. One time, they wanted to go swimming every day, all summer every hour the pool was open. I told them maybe they could go for thirty minutes each day because by the time I got beds made, laundry done, and listed other things, I would probably not be able to take them at 1pm and pick them up at 5pm. Well, right away they said they could help. It worked. Maybe you could implement a version of this. Or, give them flylady chores, just 15 minutes. It all goes so fast with kids growing up.

    ReplyDelete