Friday, November 5, 2021

Jacob sick, Cleaning, and Cardinals

Happy Friday everyone! Hope you had a good week. Here fall and winter temperatures have taken residence. I have had to scrape frost off my van windows the last 3 mornings. It was 26 degrees when I took the kids to school this morning! Ugh. I have a feeling that this is going to be a long winter as I am already cold! Oh well, that is what sweaters and blankets are for.

The last couple of days I have spent the majority of the day home as Jacob is home sick from school. He has been achy and has had a low grade fever the last 2 days-- usually between 99.5 and 100. I have the start of a runny nose and hoping it is just the cold weather. 

With Jacob being home, I have had to call off work. It is what it is. That is one thing about being a substitute. I would rather call off for a  4 hour shift than have Bill take the day off from his regular job. I have tried to make use of my time here at home. I have the last load of laundry in the washer as I type. I made an apple pie this morning. I did some digital organization on my google photos and Shutterfly accounts. 

I have also done some organizing this week as well. I redid our coat closet to make room for winter boots and made sure everyone had coats and gloves, etc. that fit. 





I also deep cleaned the front porch. My niece and nephew were over on Tuesday as they didn't have school and my nephew helped sweep all the bird seed off the porch. I took down all of my porch decor (tablecloth on table, table decor, chair cushions, etc.) and stored them away. I also stacked the chairs up and it looks bare out there now. We have had a lovely bird visitor this past week though. There is a cardinal pair that seems to enjoy the cleaned porch and refilled bird feeder as the female has been quite vocal out there all week. It is lovely to hear and see. 




So even though I didn't have a super productive "work" week, I did get some work done at home and that means that hopefully tonight I can just relax with the kids. I do know that I am not cooking tonight. I told the kids that I would order Domino's pizza as they sent me a coupon for a free medium pizza! 

How's your day going?  

4 comments:

  1. I hope your little feels better soon! You inspire me, my friend. I think I will also get out and sweep off my porch. Steve usually puts things away, so once he does that, I will. And yay for you! Pizza night! We are doing grilled cheese and soup. Have a cozy weekend, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our porch needs sweeping, but I cannot do that! So, Tommy will. I went to the doctor and finally figured out why I had chills last week. So, I am home with antibiotics. I hope Jacob feels better for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope Jacob gets well soon. You've been a busy bee. I cleaned our back porch and garden this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sure hope he feels better soon. I need to get Halloween stuff off porch, but fall can stay through a Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete