Friday, November 12, 2021

Good week for Family Time

Happy Friday everyone! How is your week going? We've had a pretty good week this week. 

Saturday, Jacob was finally feeling better. Rebecca had a party to go to, so I took the boys to a local park to shoot basketballs. They had a blast and asked if we could do this again soon.

 






Sunday, I provided dinner for Rebecca's youth group. I made ham and cheese and turkey and cheese subs. Sent in lettuce, tomato, mayo and mustard for topping. Also sent in chips, peach cups and chocolate chip cookies and bottled water. It was a perfect dinner as they were having a bonfire that evening and so were outside. 

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I ended up working. Tuesday, after work Bill and I went on a date lunch and then took a nice walk on the Kokosing Gap Trail. 




Yesterday, the kids didn't have school due to Parent Teacher Conferences, which meant I was off work and Bill was off work so we decided to have a family fun day. We started our day by going to the Book Warehouse near us. This is their last weekend open before they close for winter, so I stocked up on some Christmas books to read. Everyone found some books to stock up on. 

After that we went to Malabar Farm State Park to check out the farm animals and to hike the butternut trail to the cave. It was nice out...temperatures close to 68, but VERY windy!  I did end up forgetting my inhaler that my doctor wants me to use if I end up hiking but I did okay until we were coming towards the end of our hike and then my chest started hurting. 















After we left Malabar, we drove up to the peak of Mt. Jeez overlook. The scenery up there is amazing! So pretty. 






We stopped at McDonald's for lunch with the kids around 1:45ish. When we came home we watched "The Masked Singer" which I had recorded the night before. We also watch the "CMA Awards" from the night before too. I love being able to watch shows with my kids. 

Today, Bill is working. The kids are off school again and so I don't work. I have been working on laundry. Rebecca's best friend is over for the day as their mom and dad has to work. Jacob finished up his school work from the days he missed. He has his 2nd COVID vaccine appointment this afternoon, so we are planning a pretty chill weekend. It's also supposed to be cold (highs of 40 this weekend with a chance of snow showers).  

What about you? How was your week? What's the weather like where you are? Any fun plans for the weekend? 


4 comments:

  1. Hello! I love your family time, my friend. Reminds me of when my kids were younger. We have no plans this weekend other than laundry for me. It is supposed to get colder here! I am sort of excited about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great week! What a wonderful dinner you provided for the youth group, bet they all loved it. I love The Masked Singer even if I've not often heard of the singers. Fairly quiet weekend around here, trying to decide if I want to go to the grocery store this morning for the special sale items or just skip it and clean house. Woke up to 29 degrees around here! Supposed to be back in the mid 60's by Monday. Back and forth weather. Hope Jacob's second vaccine goes well and you all have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous of all your great hiking trails! You live in a gorgeous area. I gave myself a haircut today (scary, but thankfully looks great.) Made gingerbread in the crockpot, it was very moist and delicious. Also tried a new cookie recipe and made a huge batch of ziti, some to eat, some to freeze. It's cold here too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how I missed this post! I would love to go to a cave like that!

    ReplyDelete