Monday, November 29, 2021

Thanksgiving recap and a Christmas parade

 Happy Monday everyone! Did you all have a good weekend? Did you have a good Thanksgiving holiday? Did you do anything Christmas-y over the weekend? 

We had a lovely Thanksgiving Day! We spent the morning watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade on TV. I made a couple cheeseballs and a corn casserole to take to my mom's house for dinner. We had dinner at my mom and dad's house. There were my mom, dad, niece and nephew, my brother, his fiance, my sister, her girlfriend, her girlfriend's brother who was visiting from his college for the holiday, my brother, and then my crew of 5 so there were 15 of us and the 2 dogs! It was a nice meal full of yummy food and good conversation. 




After our meal, we celebrated my niece's 17th birthday! She r
equested an ice cream cake and it looked pretty but I am sure was full of sugar! Perfect for a teenaged girl though! She got lots of nice presents and felt special. I absolutely can't believe she is 17! 



Friday, we just hung around the house and didn't really do anything. The boys and I watched "The Wizard of Oz" in the afternoon. Rebecca and I went to the grocery store in the afternoon to get things for her party and then we watched "A Christmas Carol" in the evening.


 

Saturday, Bill and the boys watched the Ohio State versus Michigan football game which is a huge deal around here. During the 4th quarter, the kids and I left to go to our town's Christmas parade. It was cold, but it was also nice to see the kids' excitement at the parade. It was much smaller this year than it's been in the past, I think in part to they moved it to Saturday, during the OSU/Michigan game when it has always been on Sunday afternoon in the past. Oh, well, the kids had fun and we saw Santa! LOL Bill walked down to the parade when the game was over and he got there in time to see Santa.









 

Then it was home to get ready for Rebecca's birthday and such. 

Today, the kids are back to school. They have 3 weeks to go and then they are off for Christmas. We have a super busy week with club meetings and basketball practices start for the boys! I want to finish my Christmas shopping this week. (I am about 85% done.) I also need to work on decorating the house this week for the holidays and maybe get Christmas cards sent out. We shall see what I get done! 

What about you? Have you decorated for Christmas? Are you done with your Christmas shopping? Have a great week everyone! 

5 comments:

  1. It sure sounds like a lovely week. I'm popping in and out of Blogger for my mental health breaks. I'm feeling very overwhelmed with work and life right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like you had a very nice holiday break! Ice cream cake sounds so delicious, always a hit around here. I'm trying to go sugar free for just a week here so I wouldn't want to be looking at one either. We just got our tree and greenery done in the living room last night. And I decorated the bathroom last week (weird place to start I know, lol). Going to work on the rest of it today. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful holiday it looked like. (Amazing food plate ha!). I just want to compliment you on what a wonderful childhood you are giving your kids. The time you spend with them and the care you show them are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That food plate was amazing! Ice crea cake...mmmm, I have never had one! You and the kids certainly did have a nice time, it appears. I like Santa's ride.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas Everyone!
    Are you looking for gift for your dad, husband, boyfriend or grandFather, If So Cigar Royale Offer 10% on every cigars

    Hurry Up stock are limited: Buy Cigars Online Now...
    Coupon : Welcome 10

    ReplyDelete