Monday, November 1, 2021

Trick or Treating, a concert, and "St. Dymphna"

Happy Monday everyone! To all my religious readers who celebrate, Happy All-Saints Day! And HAPPY NOVEMBER!! How was your Halloween weekend? Did you partake in tricks or treats or both? 

We had a super busy weekend. Saturday morning the boys had Upwards basketball evaluations for the upcoming season. They are super excited as the season was cancelled last year due to COVID. Saturday evening, Bill and I divided and conquered. 

I took the boys trick or treating here in our town. My dad brought Lacie and Ethan over to trick or treat with us and they had fun. We walked almost 2.5 miles and the kids got a ton of candy and even got $0.50 each in their treat baskets/bags. After my dad left, I ordered pizza from Dominos for the boys and we watched Space Jam as we were eating. 







While we were out trick or treating, Bill was taking Rebecca to her very first concert. They went to see Twenty One Pilots at Nationwide Arena in Columbus. Rebecca had a blast and said that she is now more than ever convinced that she wants to do something with music in her future! They were out late and didn't get home until close to 1AM. 






On Sunday, the boys and I went to PSR and church, while I let the concert goers sleep. We just puttered around the house on Sunday. Doing some laundry, watching football and taking a nap or two. We did take a family walk as well to get some fresh air. The trees around her have finally turned colors and they are gorgeous, even on a cloudy day like yesterday! 







Sunday night, Rebecca got to dress up in costume as she had youth group at our church. They invited the kids to come dressed up as their favorite saint and bonus points if they could depict how they were martyred. Well, Rebecca went as Saint Dymphna. Saint Dymphna is the patron saint of mental illness and anxiety. Rebecca put together her own costume, complete with a bloody necklace that she made out of hot glue and wax paper. She crocheted the crown, used a bed sheet as the cape, and wore a dress we had gotten from Goodwill for $2.49. She also made the sword out of an old cardboard box and duct tape. 






Today, I didn't get called in to work. I have 2 days scheduled for later this week. So I am taking the opportunity to get some cleaning done. I deep cleaned both bathrooms, swept our bedroom and the steps going upstairs, started laundry, menu planned and went grocery shopping, paid bills, balanced checkbook, and now am taking a moment to type up this post before I have to start school pickups. It has been a productive day so far. 

What about you? What's on tap for this week? I hope whatever you have going on, you have a great week!   

13 comments:

  1. Rebecca's costume was very creative, she's very talented. Sounds like you've been super productive over there. Not so much over here. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Rebecca's saint costume. So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Episcopalians celebrate All Soul's Day and All Saint's Day as well...just saying....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was unaware of that. Thank you for clarifying and I learn something new everyday. I have changed that sentence as I don't want to leave you out! :)

      Delete
  4. I'm glad Rebecca loved her concert. She can have music her whole life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love her creative costume! Hopefully, she can pursue music. And, she crochets?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Rebecca crochets. A friend of hers taught her and she did a lot of crocheting through quarantine and such. Many of her friends crochet.

      Delete
  6. Love all the pics. Rebecca is so creative. Love her costume.

    ReplyDelete