Saturday, January 6, 2024

1st week of 2024 was a success

 Happy Saturday! We survived the first almost full week of 2024! 

It was a super busy week for me. After spending time on New Year's Day puttering around, it was time to go back to work for me after having 2 weeks off. This week was crazy at work. Not only because it was back to work, but we had a new student who didn't realize the time and came an hour early the first day, we had parent teacher conference for another child, a home visit that took 1.5 hours as the dad was half an hour late coming home from work. Add in lots of trainings were being scheduled and it was a LOT. It was a good week though. I got lots of preschool hugs and the kids were super excited to be back at Head Start. 

My own kids were on break until Thursday. They did not want to go back to school. HA HA. That is what happens when you reach middle school and high school. But they survived and were glad to see their friends at school. Rebecca has finals next weeks so she is freaking out a bit, but I am sure she will do fine. 

As far as the rest of the week, I did really well sticking to my goals for 2024. I exercised daily! I actually decided to take advantage of an online virtual exercise challenge program to help me with motivation. I had done one and a half of another with my mom last year, but with everything that happened in my life I didn't finish the 2nd challenge. I had prepaid for 5 other challenges and never used them. Well I decided that this year is the year. I will talk more about them in a separate post in the upcoming week, but let's just say I am excited to use The Conqueror- Virtual Challenges to help me get healthy. 

As far as my other goals, I ate a side salad every day! I was off my phone at 9PM each night, and rediscovered my love of reading before bed. I also took ALL my medications every day! So I am 4 for 4 for this week! 

My mindset has changed. I am excited about life and the changes that I am making. I look forward to the opportunity to exercise everyday and try new things... yesterday I tried a chair yoga youtube video and it was so much fun and I was so relaxed when it was done. I look forward to meal planning and eating healthier. I even ate blueberries at work yesterday (I eat breakfast and lunch with the kids and eat what they are having-- yesterday was sloppy joes on whole wheat buns, tater tots, and blueberries.) I realized that food is tasting better and I look forward to the variety. I am feeling better. I noticed last night and the night before I was sleeping better, only waking up once and going right back to sleep at night. That is definitely an improvement. 

Today, I have exercised (used my rowing machine for the first time in ages), showered, started laundry and am planning on working on laundry, meal planning and paying bills today. It was snowing earlier, but none really stuck and now it is just grey and cold outside. What are you up to today? How was your week? Any youtube exercise videos or channels you would recommend? 

Until next time, here is a gentle reminder for the new year...



6 comments:

  1. You are off to such a great start! I'm cheering you on! I know these lifestyle changes are going to leave you feeling so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with Mandy, cheering you on!!!! So happy for you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for a great week! Seems like you are on a wonderful new path. Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work! Super happy to hear about your successful week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A successful week is the best way to begin a new year! Happy for you.

    ReplyDelete