Wednesday, January 10, 2024

The Conqueror Challenges

One of the goals in 2024 is to lose weight and to do so by exercising everyday. I know that some people would warn against this, saying that I need a rest day. However, I feel that the best thing for ME is to exercise in some capacity every day. I am going to do this by switching up what I do daily. My plan for the cold winter months is to work out using my exercise bike, my rowing machine, my dumbbells, and YouTube videos. 

I am also planning to use The Conqueror Virtual Challenges to earn medals. 



Like I posted in a previous post, I started using these late in 2022, as a challenge with my mom. We completed the Mt. Everest challenge, using steps taken during the day, walking, and in my case using my stationary bike as well.



We also started the Niagara Falls challenge in early 2023. My mom completed it using her steps at work, however with everything that was happening in my life last year, I never completed it. ( I will admit that over Christmas break I did complete the challenge using my stationary bike! So, YAY!) 

The challenges are different lengths and you are allowed to do any type of exercise that you would like to do to complete the challenge that you signed up for. They basically allow you to travel the world without leaving the comfort of your home or area. Each challenge has postcards and visuals that show you the trail that you are traveling. 

There is a charge for each challenge. That cost allows you to receive a finisher's medal when you are finished with the challenge. These medals are beautiful!  These challenges also have a feel good factor to them as you can choose an environmental cause to work towards as well. The Conqueror Virtual Challenges allow you to work towards planting trees or keeping plastic out of the ocean since the Conqueror Challenges partner with 2 different organizations to help the environment.

So with that being said, I am planning on using these challenges, at least for the first half of the year, to help myself get healthy. I do not have to put any money out for the first 4 challenges that I will work on, as I had prepaid for a group of 5 challenges at a significant discount back in 2023 and I still have 5 challenge join codes to use. (So that also helps with financial goals!) 

That being said, I am currently going to be working on 3 challenges.


I am working on the
Jesus Trail challenge. This trail is 39 miles. For this challenge I am going to be completing strength training and flexibility challenges. I am going to allow myself 1 mile for every 30 minute session. This would include dumbbell workouts and yoga/stretching type workouts. 



The second trail that I am working on is the Great Barrier Reef Trail. This trail is 100 miles. For this trail I will be completing workouts on my rowing machine. I figured out that with my workouts, I would do the equivalent of 1 mile every 10 minutes on the rowing machine.



Finally, I am going to be working on the Ring of Kerry challenge. This challenge is 124 miles long. This trail has a personal meaning for me as my paternal Great-Grandparents immigrated from Ireland and I would like to get back to my roots. My ex-husband always made fun of my Irish heritage, especially around St. Patrick's Day. I am proud of my heritage and would like to connect that with ME! For this challenge, I will be logging the miles that I use my stationary bike for. (My bike keeps track of time, miles, heart rate, etc. when I am using it.) 

So this is how I am going to go about keeping up motivation for my exercising. I am pretty excited to complete these challenges and earn my medals. 

What do you use for motivation to exercise? 

8 comments:

  1. Glad you found something that works for you! Those challenges look really fun. This year I'm just enjoying getting out as much as possible to walk in nature every season but my camera/taking photos helps me get motivated to get out the door as I do love taking nature photos. Can't wait to see the next medals you earn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love being outdoors as well. Unfortunately this time of year, I don't have a lot of opportunites with daylight since I get home so late from work. I am looking forward to spring and summer when the daylight is longer.

      Delete
  2. Why do husbands try to diminish us with ridicule? Never mind, it was a rhetorical question.

    I move to be able to move in the future. It is a workout for me to get to the bathroom. But, I am trying to walk more, just around inside the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doing what you can is awesome. Even a few extra steps will help! I love that... move now to be able to move in the future.

      Delete
  3. LOVE THIS so much! Think of all the Gains you're going to get...not weight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is motivation that is for sure! And I am finding that I am loving the strength workout days.

      Delete
  4. wanted to wish you good luck, I have never heard of these challenges before, they sound really neat.

    ReplyDelete