Sunday, January 7, 2024

What We Ate + What We Will Eat

Happy Sunday everyone! Hope everyone has had a good weekend so far. I have decided that for 2024 I would like to continue to record what we have eaten and what we will eat (or our menu plan for the week.) Not only is this for accountability for me, but it is also maybe a tool that we can use to help each other find new foods or recipes to eat. 

What did we eat this past week? 

New Year's Day dinner was Pork and Peppers, Steamed green beans and salad. One of my goals for January is to have at least one salad (side or main) every day. 

Tuesday's dinner was dinner for 1 as the boys were with their father, and Rebecca fixed herself something separate. I had chicken enchiladas (from the freezer) and salad. 

Wednesday's dinner was loaded baked potatoes, leftover green beans from New Year's Day and salad. The kids also had fruit cocktail. 

Thursday's dinner was spaghetti (made with red sauce, ground beef, peppers and onions) and french-style green beans. ( I did not have a salad with dinner, as I had a side salad with lunch at work!) 

Friday night we had pizza and salad! 

I had baked chicken tenders (baked in a bag with baby carrots and a red onion), corn casserole, and a side salad.


What is the menu plan for the new week? 

SUNDAY: The boys are with their father. So I am going to make Trader Joe's orange chicken, rice and a salad. 

MONDAY: Chicken alfredo pasta (using leftover chicken tenders from Saturday night) with a side salad. 

TUESDAY: Bratwurst, macaroni and cheese, side salad

WEDNESDAY: Soft ground beef tacos, refried beans, and side salad

THURSDAY: Boys are with their dad. Might be leftovers. Whatever it is it will have a salad with it ;) 

FRIDAY: Pizza and salad

SATURDAY: Mississippi Pot roast, green beans, mashed potatoes, side salad

What will you eat this week? 

11 comments:

  1. Your menu looks great! And, lots of veggies this week - nice work. We're going to have grilled chicken & rice, chicken shawarma, and chicken caesar salads. We'll have each dinner 2x. For Friday, we'll likely have pizzas. I make salad every night for dinner, so that's easy enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your menu always sounds so good. I have never had chicken shawarma.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you have a very productive first week of the year. Lots of veggies is so good for you. Thank you for the Christmas card through Anne's card exchange. It was nice to read about your year. May 2024 be a fabulous year for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori! I hope your 2024 is a good year for you as well!

      Delete
  3. You are doing SO good with your salads! Everything looks so delicious! I have still got to get it together when it comes to meal planning. You are so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mandy, although I fell off the salad wagon the last couple of days. LOL

      Delete
  4. Those cooking bags are my friend. Often, I put 4-8 bscb in with carrots and potatoes. I always have at least four meals and often more chicken to use in other dishes or just to eat with other vegetables.
    Tomorrow, I will put bscb with carrots, potatoes, and yellow squash in a cooking bag. Green beans are leftover in the refrigerator. We will have the sausage balls for a meal or two, the ones I did not make for NYE. I really want soup--ground beef, lots of tomatoes, and vegetables. We love salads, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cooking bags but don't use them often.

      Delete
  5. I'm so Happy to see you Blog again!! And your 2024 goals are Great...I may need to steal some of your meal ideas. Keep up the great work. I look forward to reading more of you & the kids adventures. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to blog more this year. It is just a matter of finding the time. :)

      Delete
  6. I appreciate your thoughtful post. Read this content quickly by visiting it only Minecraft Survival Tips. Regularly backup server data to guard against data loss during crashes.

    ReplyDelete