Monday, January 1, 2024

Ending 2023, Hello 2024

Happy Monday and Happy 2024! I hope this is a year of blessings for all of you readers. 

We ended 2023 by spending time with people that we love. Friday night the boys spent the night with their father. Rebecca had her best friend over to spend the night. I took them out shopping at Hobby Lobby (Rebecca had received a gift card from her dad for Christmas) and we had dinner at Fazoli's. 



Sunday, we went out to my parent's home to play board games and hang out with family. We had a ton of fun. We came home around 11:30 so that we could ring in the new year in our own home. The kids, especially Ben, loved the New Year horns that I had picked up at Hobby Lobby. 










It is 2024. Today I have spent some time puttering around the house. I also went to the grocery store, picking up some veggies and lots of healthy things. I came home and spent some time making up a salad for a couple days and processing some of the veggies. 

Part of that is because of one of my January challenges that I would like to do. I have decided not to make resolutions actually. Instead, I have decided to do monthly challenges that will focus on my priority for this year, which is... MY HEATLH. This year, I want to focus on ME. 2023 was a hell of a year to put it lightly. It was hell physically, mentally and emotionally. So this year I want to prioritize getting back to a better physical, mental and emotional me. 

For January my monthly challenges are going to be: 

  1. Exercise EVERY day. I know, I know. I should take a rest day, but I need to work on consistency and each day will not be cardio. Instead I will also have days of strength training and stretching days, etc. 
  2. Eat a salad with one meal every day. I want to work on nutrition this year as well and I need to eat more veggies, so I think this would be an easy way to get more veggies in. 
  3. Off my phone and all electronics by 9pm. I spend a lot of time in the evenings scrolling facebook, etc and I think it interferes with my sleep. 
  4. Take my meds every day. There are days I forget to take my beta blocker at night time and I really need to do better. 
I do have some yearly goals that I want to achieve but I am not setting a certain time limit on them. These include: 
  • Finalizing my divorce. 
  • Finishing online virtual races. I started a few in 2022 and then wasn't able to finish them. 
  • Get new furniture for my living room. 
  • Follow monthly challenges. 
So hopefully 2024 will be a much better year for everyone, including myself. Has anyone else made resolutions or goals for 2024? 


10 comments:

  1. You've set some great goals! I definitely agree that you need to prioritize yourself this year. I know you can do it and will feel so much better all around. Best of luck on that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Mandy, and think it's awesome for you to prioritize yourself. I also think it's a great example to show your kids - you are investing in your health & well being, and showing them how important that is for all of us.

    I work out probably 90-95% of the time. Consistency is great, once you build up a good pattern. You could start with a walk most days, even if it's 20 minutes while you have a kid at a practice, etc. I got in many, many workouts (walks, runs, etc) while waiting for one of the boys to finish soccer practice. Could that be an option for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. During football season it was an option, but now none of the kids are participating in sports until spring (when Jacob will do track again.) I have an exercise bike, rowing machine, dumbells and youtube videos to help me out during these cold winter months.

      Delete
  3. I have goals with my health being the priority. You really need to prioritize yourself after this year of divorce trauma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck on prioritizing yourself Linda! You can do it!

      Delete
  4. Happy New Year! Good for you taking time to take care of yourself. Hope you have a happy and wonderful 2024, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jean. Here's to a wonderful 2024 to you as well!

      Delete