Tuesday, August 16, 2022

We took a family vacation: Days 4 and 5

Happy Tuesday everyone! I have to admit I wasn't going to write today, as I have my nephrologist appointment this afternoon and I am super scared to hear what she has to say. But I thought I would get on here and write as a way to maybe take my mind off of it for a while.... Here's hoping.

So let's get back to my vacation recap. After having great weather for the first few days, it was a rainy start to Wednesday, so we headed out to the aquarium for the morning. The kids, Bill, my sister and I enjoyed our visit. 








After our trip, we headed back to the house to decompress. Then we headed to the store to get things for dinner. We were in charge that night and I made a taco bar with both chicken and beef options. It was super yummy. 

That evening the rain had moved out and it was an amazing sunset.







The boys ended their evening playing Roblox with their cousin. It was how they ended most nights! 



The next day, we headed out to Beaufort, North Carolina for a pirate boat ride. My dad wanted to take all the grandkids on one and in the end it turned out to be a really cute boat ride with enough jokes for the adults and pirate fun for the kids. 









After the boat ride, we met up with my mom, niece, sister and brother who didn't go on the ride and went to Clawson's for a yummy lunch. 





That afternoon, Bill took the kids down to the beach. I was exhausted and stayed up at the house. We enjoyed a low key evening at home and another beautiful sunset.

 





Overall, it was a great 4th and 5th day of vacation! 

 

6 comments:

  1. I hope you have positive news later and next steps. Your vacation sounds so busy and relaxing. A nice blend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sky photos are stunning!
    I know you all had fun. The Pirate boat looks like something my sons would have loved when they were kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures and places you went all sound like fun. I love it how so many times Rebecca has her arms around her brothers. I hope the news at the doctor was good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope all goes well with the doctor. Your sunset photos are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete