Sunday, August 14, 2022

Update for Today

 Thank you for all the kind words and encouragement on my last post. I didn't mean to disappear again but as I am still dealing with stuff and have been busy trying to get ready for back to school etc. I hope you all understand. 

I am in a better place. I sincerely hope to have an update on my health next week, as I had my bloodwork done on Thursday and my ultrasound done on Friday. I see my nephrologist on Tuesday afternoon, and I hope and pray she has some answers for me. I was able to see some of the preliminary bloodwork results that they uploaded in my patient portal and my kidney numbers are still out of whack, as well as numbers that are related to my red blood cell count. (Linda had asked why it took 6 weeks to get the ultrasound appointment and basically, I was told they only had one doctor that could read this type of ultrasound and that unfortunately they also have a shortage of techs that can perform them. It also took them over a week to get approval from insurance. My mom had to have a recent ultrasound and it took them 2 weeks to get hers scheduled and it was just a basic one for her urologist.) 

Concerning my depression, I feel that the medication is helping me somewhat. I am still not where I need to be, but I no longer feel like just staying in bed all day. 

Bill and I are trying. It is still weird, but we are trying to work on things. We even went on a real date the other day, where we left the kids at home, got dressed in nicer clothes and went to a local Mexican place for dinner. It was nice. I did indulge in a yummy margarita.


 

This week is going to be crazy as it is back to work for me and back to school for the kids. I have to go back tomorrow for meetings, am off on Tuesday, go Wednesday to get kitchen ready and then back to lunch time duties starting Thursday. Benjamin goes back to school Thursday and Rebecca and Jacob start back to school on Friday. I am hoping to have some recaps of Summer up in the early part of the week before they go back to school. 

Today it is rainy and cool outside. This is a welcome reprieve after it has been hot and humid. I actually have windows open and letting the cool air in the house. I plan on spending the afternoon just resting and blogging and maybe taking a nap ;)  

So that's the quick update for today. I hope to be back this week with recaps of some fun things that I have been able to do with the kids this summer, including finishing up our vacation post. 

What are you up to today? Anything fun going on? 

7 comments:

  1. You've been in my thoughts. It's good to get the Facebook glimpse of the kids- you're doing so good ny them, and also need to keep taking care of your needs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose right now, living in a city with a university teaching hospital and a large town. makes a difference. Hopefully, you will get it all figured out soon. I miss your blog and how the kids are. Please email me at pparsimony@yahoo.com. I cannot get through your email process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When one thing is hard (health, relationship with your partner, etc) it tends to make everything else that much harder. Sending lots of good thoughts & energy your way, & hoping back to school is as seamless as possible, for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to see an update from you. I'm still praying for you. I hope the transition back to work and school is smooth for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, my friend. I have been thinking of you. I am glad things are in motion, and pray you find answers and relief. I am happy to hear your medication is helping the depression. I don't know your age, and forgive me if I am being too forward, but when I began premenopause, I was struggling! That was when everything went out of whack, physically and mentally. I began my medication then, and with some adjustments over the years, I am feeling so much better. Hugs and love. One day at a time. One hour at a time. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear an update and that your medication seems to be kicking in, you've had so much going on the last few years. Hope you get some answers for everything soon. Hope everyone has a great return to school and that your week is off to a wonderful start!

    ReplyDelete