Monday, August 15, 2022

We took a family vacation: Days 2-3

Happy Monday! 

I think that today, and the next few days, I am going to recap the rest of our vacation to North Carolina. (To see our first day, I blogged about it here.) I usually do a post per day, but I might combine days, and then do a couple posts about what else we have been up to this summer to try to catch back up with life. That is the plan anyways. As we all know, plans are made and then change depending on circumstances, etc. but this is kind of what I have planned for this week as I look to get back into blogging regularly again. 

So let's get back into the adventures that we had in Emerald Isle, North Carolina.... 

After arriving on Saturday, we were looking forward to a day of beach going on Sunday, but first I had to go to the grocery store. I headed out early to a new to us store and got some groceries for the week. 


Then it was back to the house to put the food away and get ready for a day on the beach. We spent most of the day on the beach. The weather was perfect... sunny and hot. (In fact it was too good that even though we reapplied sunscreen throughout the day, several of us got severe sunburns (including me)...oops!)





That night for dinner Mary and Ceal made the kids macaroni and cheese for dinner and all the adults ordered chinese take-out, which was super yummy. 




Monday, we took a break from the beach and Bill and I took our kids out to Fort Macon and just to chill. We spent some time at Fort Macon, which was hard for me due to the heat and humidity. 









 Then we stopped at the Four Corners diner for lunch and I had at the best flounder sandwich ever! It was so good! 



Then we headed to Emerald Plantation to do some shopping before heading back to the beach in the late afternoon. 












That evening Ben and Mary had a dance off. All the kids and Mary and Ceal went for a walk on the beach and we just relaxed around the house.

Tuesday, we spent time at the beach in the morning. I did something I had never done before in public and wore a bikini. 





After the beach, we took the kids to RuckerJohns for lunch. It is one of our favorite restaurants to go to when we are in Emerald Isle. After lunch the kids had fun feeding the turtles.











 
While we were there, we ran into my parents and niece and nephew and discovered that Lacie and I were almost twins! LOL 


After everyone got back to the house, we headed down the beach for an afternoon of fun with everyone, which included burying Ben in the sand, swimming and just having fun. 







Dinner that night was provided by Mary and Ceal. They made pasta with different toppings, sauteed veggies and salads and mimosas for the adults. It was super yummy. 




Mango provided entertainment by stealing shoes.




Thus ended Tuesday of our vacation to Emerald Isle, North Carolina. 

I think I am going to end this here as this post is pretty long. I hopefully will be back tomorrow with a recap of our visit to the aquarium and possibly our encounter with pirates! 

Hope everyone has a good Monday! 
 

    
 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely time. I think going to the beach is good for my soul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so wonderful, my friend! The beach with family is the best. I like being down at the water, but I also love the time spent together in the house/condo too! So cozy! You look lovely!!! I love your two piece suit, and the sundress looks stunning on you! Have a nice evening.

    ReplyDelete