Monday, February 4, 2019

Happy Homemaker Monday (2/4/2019)

Happy Monday!

I hope everyone had a good weekend. I feel like I am playing catch up. It has been pretty crazy and stressful around here this past week. We have been dealing with a sick cat (which warranted a trip to the ER vet and his regular vet), crazy weather (Polar Vortex for 2 days followed by surprise snow storm of 6+inches and today warming up to 60), waking up to no heat, Jacob being sick with a fever, etc. It has been insane.


For now, I am taking a few moments to get on with the topics for "Happy Homemaker Monday" (hosted by the lovely Sandra over at "Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.") 




THE WEATHER OUTSIDE::: 
Right now it is gorgeous outside. The sun is out and it is already in the high 40s. It feels and looks so good outside with the sun out. It is supposed to be warmer than normal for a lot of this week, but they are also saying we could have some flooding later in the week. 

  • Today

    Feb 4

    57° /36°F
    Rain and drizzle in the p.m.
  • Tue

    Feb 5

    44° /34°
    Cooler; areas of morning fog
    More
  • Wed

    Feb 6

    54° /46°
    A little rain; not as cool
    More
  • Thu

    Feb 7

    60° /28°
    Heavy rain and a thunderstorm
    More
  • Fri

    Feb 8

    33° /16°
    Low clouds; much colder
    More


AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY KITCHEN WINDOW:::

(I thought it might be fun to take a picture every Monday looking out my kitchen window just to see what changes or similarities there are)

Last week: 


This week: 



ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE:::
This morning, I had eggs, sauteed sweet potatoes and onions, sausage, and a couple mini pumpkin muffins that I baked yesterday

WHAT AM I WEARING?:::
Today I have on a grey sweatshirt that says "Be the Good," jeans, fuzzy socks and black tennis shoes.  

RIGHT NOW I AM:::
Sitting here typing this up. A and H are watching "Paw Patrol". Baby A is napping. Bill is asleep after working overnight last night. Jacob is laying on the couch (I kept him home today since he still has a fever).  


AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:::
It looks okay I guess. Honestly, it looks a little cluttered and messy as there are piles of stuff around. I haven't had a chance to really clean with all the craziness going on. The kitchen is also a mess from breakfast this morning.      
  

ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:::
Kids to school
Babysit
Ben has speech therapy
Rebecca has play practice
Laundry
Plan tutoring sessions for the week


CURRENTLY READING

Rushing Waters by Danielle Steel
 




ON THE TV THIS WEEK:::
Bringing Up Bates
Cartoons for the kiddos
Rewatch the Super Bowl from last night so that the kids can see the second half of the game. (By the way we are pretty happy here that the Patriots won! They are Ben's favorite team and Bill loves the concept of seeing a dynasty type team playing.)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dyh8AQ8UUAE8n73.jpg




ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:::
Monday - Fish fillets, baked potatoes, green beans 
Tuesday - Pulled pork sandwiches, green beans, corn
Wednesday - Philly Cheesesteak Pasta (new recipe)
Thursday- leftovers or clean out freezer dinners (think Lean Cuisine type)
Friday - Pizza and fruit
Saturday - Alice Springs Chicken (new recipe), rice, broccoli
Sunday - ??



FAVORITE PHOTO FROM MY CAMERA::


QUOTE TO SHARE::

https://me.me/i/what-doesnt-kill-you-makes-you-cranky-spronger-grumpy-stronger-3248911



Well I need to finish this up as Baby A has woken up and Jacob needs some more medicine. I hope everyone has a good week. I will *hopefully* have my goals post done and up either later this evening or for tomorrow! 

4 comments:

  1. Hope this week is more relaxed. Pumpkin muffins are on my to-do list. How nice that you are almost over the snow!! Geez I'm thinking we won't be seeing the ground for at least another month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your quote!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad your family is happy with the super bowl outcome. It was a good defensive game (maybe the Chiefs paid attention to that part, ha!). Hope Jacob feels better & you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you had a GREAT week. I didn't get as much accomplished in blogland as I would have liked and am extremely late visiting everyone - so much so that it's time to post today's almost. PERFECT inspiration for me this past week.

    ReplyDelete