Monday, February 11, 2019

Happy Homemaker Monday (2/11/2019)

Happy Monday!

I hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine wasn't too bad. Several items got cancelled for us as Rebecca came down with a fever on Saturday morning, so I was able to use the time at home to get caught up on laundry among other things. She still had a fever as of last night so no school today for her. Speaking of school, we are under yet another 2 hour delay today due to snow that we got yesterday. I HATE 2 hour delay days--- throws everything off. Oh well. All I can do is deal. 

For now, I am taking a few moments to get on with the topics for "Happy Homemaker Monday" (hosted by the lovely Sandra over at "Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.")as I really do find that this allows me some resemblance of order and a plan for the week-- especially when it comes to menu planning. :) So let's get on with it....





THE WEATHER OUTSIDE::: 
Right now it is drizzling outside. Temperature wise it isn't too bad out although it is cold enough that it is freezing drizzle. Looks like rain and temps in the 30s/40s this week. 


  • Today

    Feb 11

    38° /35°F
    Rain at times this afternoon
  • Tue

    Feb 12

    50° /26°
    Rain, a thunderstorm
    More
  • Wed

    Feb 13

    33° /28°
    Decreasing clouds; breezy
    More
  • Thu

    Feb 14

    48° /39°
    Mostly cloudy; milder
    More
  • Fri

    Feb 15

    45° /22°
    Rain; breezy
    More


AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY KITCHEN WINDOW:::
(I thought it might be fun to take a picture every Monday looking out my kitchen window just to see what changes or similarities there are)

Last week:  


This week: 


ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE:::
This morning, I have had 2 mini chocolate donuts. They were the last 2 in the container. In a bit I will probably make myself some toast or an egg.  

WHAT AM I WEARING?:::
Today I have on a purple sweatshirt hoodie, jeans, white fuzzy socks and black tennis shoes.  

RIGHT NOW I AM:::
Sitting here typing this up at 7:30 in the morning. H watching "Paw Patrol". Baby A is napping. Bill is asleep after working overnight last night. Rebecca is sleeping. I hear the boys stirring upstairs as they have a delay today so I am just letting them get up on their own.   
AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:::
It looks okay. I tried to make sure that things were cleaned up before I went to bed last night. My desk area is a mess and I really need to work on it.       
  
ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST:::
Kids to school
Babysit
Ben has speech therapy
Rebecca has play practice
Laundry
Plan tutoring sessions for the week
Board meeting stuff for both AHG and VVF.


CURRENTLY READING:::

Rushing Waters by Danielle Steel
 




ON THE TV THIS WEEK:::
Bringing Up Bates
Cartoons for the kiddos
The Story of God with Morgan Freeman 


https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5242220/mediaviewer/rm2608798720

ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:::
Monday - Chili and crackers 
Tuesday - Fiesta Chicken in the crockpot over rice
Wednesday - Italian sausage, green beans and potatoes in the crockpot (new recipe)
Thursday- leftovers or clean out freezer dinners (think Lean Cuisine type)
Friday - Pizza and fruit
Saturday - Taco boats, corn, chips and salsa (friends are supposed to be coming over for dinner and bringing dessert)
Sunday - Turkey breast?? 



FAVORITE PHOTO FROM MY CAMERA:::


Rebecca went to her first middle school dance Friday night! How is she growing up so fast? 

QUOTE TO SHARE:::

https://www.countryliving.com/life/g3077/spring-quotes/




Well I need to finish this up as Baby A has woken up and "H" would like some breakfast. I hope everyone has a good week. 

4 comments:

  1. We must be due a super pleasant spring! Nice inspiration for the week :) Hope Rebecca is feeling better. So much sickness going around with everyone cooped up inside, I think. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ADORE your inspiration - oh so true!! I love those pictures every week out your kitchen window - what a great idea. Have a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is certainly a change between the photos looking outside your kitchen window! Mine would resemble yours, that's for sure. Hope your week goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!
    I thought I was following you, but I clicked over here and saw I wasn't!
    So...I am now!
    Have a cozy evening. : )

    ReplyDelete