Sunday, February 10, 2019

My goals for 2019: Update #6


Happy Sunday! 

How is everyone doing today? It has been a few days around here... I have been extremely busy and on the go, throw in a sick kid, not feeling 100% myself and it has been crazy. Right now I am listening to Rebecca hack up a lung :( She has a fever and cough. The boys are playing and Bill is sleeping-- something that I wish I could be doing but I had to get up and go to church and teach my PSR class. Now I am taking a few minutes to read blogs and update this little space before I heat up leftovers for the kids for lunch. 

Today is Sunday which means it is time to see how I am doing on my 2019 goals. 
So, I said that I was going to be accountable to my goals this year instead of having them sit on my blog post not to be seen until January of next year. I have decided to do weekly updates, that way I can keep these in the back of my brain and keep them fresh. I think that Sundays are a good day to do an update as then I can refresh for the week ahead and make sure that I am living each day in a way that I consistent with my goals for the year. 

So, without further ado, here are my goals for 2019 updates for week 65::

1. Blog at least 2-3 times a week.
Yep! I blogged 2 times last Monday, and Wednesday... so completed for this week! :) 

2. Read 26 books.
I still didn't read anything last week. I have pulled Rushing Waters by Danielle Steel off of my bookshelf to read next. I feel the need for a fiction read! :) 

So that puts me at 2 books read out of 26 for the year!  

3. Read to the boys before bed.
Nope didn't happen. May need to rethink this one.    

4. Try 12 new recipes at least. 
Yes I tried a new recipe for "Outback Alice Springs chicken" that was so good. I also made a philly cheesesteak pasta dish that was super yummy as well. So I am at 4 new recipes this year!   

5. Take a walk at least 2 times a week in the winter and at least 3 times in the Spring, Summer, and Fall. 
This was a fail again this week.  Too cold, too icy,... 

6. Take a couple of hours of "me" time each week in some way... whether this is getting away from the house by myself or taking a nap.
Nothing this week. Too much running around and schedule was just too crazy.   
  

7. Declutter each room of the house and donate things that don't belong in the trash and throw away trash. 
I worked a little bit on some paperwork. Getting a large diaper box full of papers out that need to be shredded and discarded. 


8. Take 2 overnight trips with the kids and Bill. 
Just in the thinking stages on this one.  

9. Have a date night with Bill at least 2 times a month and have one of those a quarter being a date night OUT of the house. 
Nothing this past week. However overall January was a win with 2 dates (1 out/ 1 in). 

10. Get a tattoo. 
I have been thinking about this and am pretty sure that I would like to do a simple shark design. Now to start looking at Pinterest for inspiration. 

11. Lose weight. 
Nothing this week. 

So that was this past week. The week was a blur of activity and unfortunately my schedule doesn't seem to be slowing down. It is what it is. Now I need to go make my kiddos their lunches and then we have to work on writing out Valentine's for the boys' classes and making their Valentine boxes. I also need to do some laundry and I have another new recipe I want to try tonight for dinner. So I had best end this and get a move on....

Have a good Sunday everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment