Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Sick Cat, Craziness, Sick Kid, etc.

Happy Wednesday! Hope everyone is having a good week. I thought I would hop on here for a moment and talk about what's been going on.


We've had a sick cat. Last week throughout the week GusGus didn't seem like himself. Our normally psycho cat was laying around, not really eating, threw up on Monday and again on Thursday, and having a hard time going to the bathroom. On Thursday afternoon he went behind our TV and peed a tiny bit which was dark colored and stinky. A call into our local vet and she suggested that we take him to the ER vet in Columbus because she feared he had a blockage. That night my friend came and took me and GusGus to the vet while her husband and kids stayed with our kids so Bill could go to work. Diagnosis was dehydration, stressed out and possible UTI. (They couldn't get any urine sample to confirm.) Blood tests seemed to rule out any blockage.  They sent us home with 3 prescriptions and told us to keep our vet appointment the next morning. My friend drove me home through a snow storm that dumped almost 8 inches of snow on us (even though it was only supposed to be 1-3 inches). The next day, Bill and Rebecca took GusGus to the vet and they confirmed a UTI and crystal. So they gave him antibiotics and we have decided to change out his diet to help. 


Thankfully, yesterday he seemed to be back to almost normal (as he was running around, eating and jumping up onto the shelf to sleep, etc.).



We did have to deal with a couple of days of Gronk hissing and growling at Gus. We think it was the smells and that he knew that Gus was sick. Thankfully, 2 days ago we found them laying near each other on our bed almost back to their normal behavior with each other. 

The ER vet wanted to know if anything had changed in GusGus' life in the last couple weeks. Well aside from crazy cold, snowy weather which means that my kids have been home and there have been several days where I had 7 kids in my house all day long, nothing has really changed. We think that having the kids around was stressing Gus out and that caused some of the problems. So we are taking steps to help alleviate that stress (putting food and water and some cat toys upstairs for him, etc.). 

I, unfortunately have had a lot of kids here due to the polar vortex and then snow days. We had 2 days of the polar vortex. Then Friday we got dumped on with snow. If that wasn't bad enough Saturday we woke up to no heat! Our landlord came out and thankfully it was just a valve that had gotten adjusted from an air bubble meaning that it was an easy fix. 

Saturday, the kids had basketball games and they did a great job! I really enjoy watching them play. 





When we came home from basketball, I told them to get bundled up because we were going out to play in the snow. It is always a good time and the sun was shining and it was in the high 40s. 








Sunday was the Super Bowl and unfortunately Jacob started not feeling well that day. He had a fever of 102 and just felt blah. That lasted until yesterday morning. Thankfully this morning his fever was gone and I sent him to school.


Today it is raining and is supposed to rain hard for the next 24-36 hours. They say we may have some flooding. I am fighting a head cold that I picked up so I am tired and don't feel good. Thankfully, my babysitting kiddos are happy today because there are some new episodes of their favorite cartoons on. Today will be spent doing some laundry and tutoring. I think it might be an early to bed kind of night for me. 

Well, I am going to sign off for now. Time to go throw pizza in the oven for H and A for lunch today. Hope everyone has a good Wednesday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment